Black's Corner plans to transform Seaburn tram shelter

Looks excellent.

I hope the menu is better than the one at Boldon. I booked there a few weeks back for my wife and I and she said have a look at the menu. I did so and we went elsewhere.

I don't like cheese, veggie stuff, not a fan of cured meat and don't really eat pizza for a meal out. There was pretty much nothing else on the menu.

I like seafood, chicken, pork and a good few other things. North hit the spot a few weeks back.
Isn’t that the point of the place? Sure they even have cheese and meat written on the signage at Boldon where the entrance is. Me and the wife love the place and the food, but it is canny extortionate for what it is. Still enjoy going though, it’s a nice place so I suppose you’re paying for that as well.

I remember when he first started, someone said he'll have to actually do some work now instead of making videos about damaged signs on the seafront and blaming labour 😄.

Type tram shelter into the search on Facebook, you see all the posts where it's been mentioned. One woman created a petition to stop it from being developed
Noticed in the Echo story that they have liaised with the 'Friends of Seaburn Tram Shelter'. I bet that group never existed until someone decided to do something to improve it.

Been in this morning. Had eggs royale, Mrs Maygo (No) had eggs benedict. I had a pint of poretti, she had a glass of prosecco.
Was really nice. The outdoor seating area right overlooking the promenade will be magic on summer nights. I predict it will be a goldmine. The owners have done a good job inside, there was a roaring log burner to counter the winter chill
Lovely, will eat there again- only had the brunch menu this morn so I want to sample the proper one

Noticed in the Echo story that they have liaised with the 'Friends of Seaburn Tram Shelter'. I bet that group never existed until someone decided to do something to improve it.
Not strictly true…it was previously known as ‘Friends of Kath’s Garden Bench & Planning Permission Application’
Logon or register to see this image

So he's all for it now is he?
What’s he saying now like?

Last edited:

Back