Black's Corner plans to transform Seaburn tram shelter

Looks excellent.

I hope the menu is better than the one at Boldon. I booked there a few weeks back for my wife and I and she said have a look at the menu. I did so and we went elsewhere.

I don't like cheese, veggie stuff, not a fan of cured meat and don't really eat pizza for a meal out. There was pretty much nothing else on the menu.

I like seafood, chicken, pork and a good few other things. North hit the spot a few weeks back.

Last edited:
Looks excellent.

I hope the menu is better than the one at Boldon. I booked there a few weeks back for my wife and I and she said have a look at the menu. I did so and we went elsewhere.

I don't like cheese, veggie stuff, not a fan of cured meat and don't really eat pizza for a meal out. There was pretty much nothing else on the menu.

I like seafood, chicken, pork and a good few other things. North hit the spot a few weeks back.
It’s more of a tapas/small plate place than a restaurant…the boldon gaff that is

It’s more of a tapas/small plate place than a restaurant…the boldon gaff that is
I ate at a small plate place on the edge of the Peak district a couple of weeks back. Not a problem, had 5 dishes, prawns, chicken, meatballs etc. enjoyed it. It's just Black's don't have good options for me. I like good, hot food not cured meat, veggie stuff and cheese!

It mentions that there is seafood on at the tram shelter which it should do with it being a stones throw from the sea. No menu on the website which is odd?

Getting a lot of good comments on FB.

Looks as if the moaners have melted away apart from one.
Looks canny in the pics ,be interesting to see how big it feels
I was more in favour of tidying the shelter up and making it a better place for people to sit from out of the rain etc but it's done now so let's hope it's a winner

Went past yesterday morning and looks like they have done a quality job. The outside seating has a tremendous view and will be an absolute honey pot in good weather.

Looks like another quality addition.

Fulwell is Tory man. They think they've made it.

They've been replaced by the Lib Dems at the last two local elections. They're just as big a bunch of tossers mind.
Wonder what the seafront would look like if he had got his way

Does he ever declare an interest? Back of his house overlooks Seaburn camp so not surprising he objected to the two housing developments there.

The Tories were moaning that the council left the area neglected for years. Council do a lot of development and it's the wrong kind of development despite it being a nice mix. It seems it's become a fairly desirable place to live, I know of a few Tynesiders who have moved here recently.

Last edited:
They've been replaced by the Lib Dems at the last two local elections. They're just as big a bunch of tossers mind.

Does he ever declare an interest? Back of his house overlooks Seaburn camp so not surprising he objected to the two housing developments there.

The Tories were moaning that the council left the area neglected for years. Council do a lot of development and it's the wrong kind of development despite it being a nice mix. It seems it's become a fairly desirable place to live, I know of a few Tynesiders who have moved here recently.
He only became a councillor because of the housing development and his anger at that.

He only became a councillor because of the housing development and his anger at that.

I remember when he first started, someone said he'll have to actually do some work now instead of making videos about damaged signs on the seafront and blaming labour 😄.

Type tram shelter into the search on Facebook, you see all the posts where it's been mentioned. One woman created a petition to stop it from being developed

Back