Black's Corner plans to transform Seaburn tram shelter

@MattyW was a supporter of this if I recall
Massive supporter of this ! Excellent news! Can't wait !
I am a massive fan of their charcuterie plates.

In the meanwhile, whilst planning application is ongoing, I hope the tram shelter can be used as a pop-up 'Red Devils' fanzone for the Euro 2020 final Belgium v. Ukraine

The people who want it preserved as a tram shelter that they never used and barely thought about until someone suggested doing something different will be outraged.
I've never used the lighthouse or the death wall or small seating area on the top as you head to roker etc . It's managed to do canny so far 70 years after trams finished ,hardly an eyesore .
Put a cafe on the roundabout, that looks crap

Hopefully the sea air makes their staff a bit happier and customer focused.... always feel like I’m intruding when I’m in there.

Why is it so important that we have “shelters”? I can honestly say I’ve never used a shelter in my adult life. Is it just in case it rains? Are there people out there who run for cover at the first sign of precipitation?
You must of led a sheltered life
Shelters are an iconic piece of British seaside culture
Keep it as it was intended
Seen loads of people use it when they require shelter from rain or just sit and eat packed lunches

it might stop all those lasses on a morning doing boot camps parking in the disabled parking bays

Last edited:
Unreal some of the Facebook comments..
A.It needs to be the tram shelter.
B.But it’s dropping to bits and smells of piss.
A.But it’s part of Seaburn
B.But it’s dropping to bits and smells of piss.
A.It’s a historic landmark.
B.It’ll get renovated and help regenerate Seaburn.
A.It needs to be the tram shelter….

and on and on…

Back