Black's Corner plans to transform Seaburn tram shelter

Been past it 100s of times and very rarely see anyone in it.

A WC? Were you born in Victorian times Mr Macawber?

How do you propose we increase footfall? More WCs?
Not my plan. The developer is planning to add WC's.

There are WC's already right there.
It's up to the residents of SR6 and this is what most of us want. I don't come to Gilley Law and tell you to convert your needle exchange into a tea room.
It's not 'up to the residents of SR6', unless you build a border and declare independence.

Last edited:

Not my plan. The developer is planning to add WC's.

There are WC's already right there.

It's not 'up to the residents of SR6', unless you build a border and declare independence.
Incorrect, residents of SR6 have been consulted...residents of Gilley Law haven't

I don't come to Gilley Law and tell you to convert your needle exchange into a tea room.
:lol:

I'm sure Fitz could make a nice little post-modern job of it, make it look like Denmark.

Incorrect, residents of SR6 have been consulted...residents of Gilley Law haven't

Tick the box. Why would they consult with the rest of their council tax payers before spending their money?

If the fucker was listed, like it should have been, they'd have to consult with Historic England.

:lol:

I'm sure Fitz could make a nice little post-modern job of it, make it look like Denmark.

Tick the box. Why would they consult with the rest of their council tax payers before spending their money?

If the fucker was listed, like it should have been, they'd have to consult with Historic England.
I thought you said that they were getting the private sector to sort it out? :lol::lol:

Most of the residents don’t want to the shelter facility
A few two Bob millionaires at seaburn might be pushing this populist view that everyone wants it so they can sashey around with halves of lager and Prosecco while nibbling on scotch eggs but it might be what some want but it’s not what most residents want

Couldn't give a shite 🤷‍♂️
Can when the WCs are fitted.
A few two Bob millionaires at seaburn might be pushing this populist view that everyone wants it so they can sashey around with halves of lager and Prosecco while nibbling on scotch eggs but it might be what some want but it’s not what most residents want
You have your flask of Bovril with or without cream crackers?

Last edited:
Most? How do you know that? Pretty sure only 2,000 signed up against the scheme. What's the population of SR6? 20-30,000? Population of Sunderland is 250,000 at least.

Hardly "most".

Last edited:
It's not 'barely used'. I've been in there in summer when there have been sudden rain showers and it's been quite full. If we had more footfall at the sea front it would be even busier.

These people are using the shelter for the purpose for which it was designed. To make it into some poncey bistro would involve major structural changes that would destroy its character. Part of their plan involves adding a WC for fuck's sake (there are Victorian WCs next door).

The council have simply off-loaded a problem of their making to the private sector. If it's decrepid, it's because they barely spent a penny on it for decades!
It's a tram shelter but there are no trams so even if people did use it to get out of the rain, that's not what it was built for. I rarely see it used at all.
There's a bus shelter over the road if you are keen on transport shelters. Also plenty of shelter underneath Bar 88.

It's not 'barely used'. I've been in there in summer when there have been sudden rain showers and it's been quite full. If we had more footfall at the sea front it would be even busier.

These people are using the shelter for the purpose for which it was designed. To make it into some poncey bistro would involve major structural changes that would destroy its character. Part of their plan involves adding a WC for fuck's sake (there are Victorian WCs next door).

The council have simply off-loaded a problem of their making to the private sector. If it's decrepid, it's because they barely spent a penny on it for decades!
It's a barely used eyesore currently. I should know, I walk past the fucker most days.

Most? How do you know that? Pretty sure only 2,000 signed up against the scheme. What's the population of SR6? 20-30,000? Population of Sunderland is 250,000 at least.

Hardly "most".
Those 2000 weren't all SR6...most were just moaning about the council

Back