Blackburn manager now allowed to take today's press conference

Ditto. And it's a fact.

"The Championship has become the division of financial strain and distress. The majority of its 24 clubs are now conditioned to accept loss-making. Money spent on wages consistently — and comfortably — exceeds the collective revenue each year."

"Only two of the 19 clubs to have posted their accounts for last season turned a pre-tax profit when excluding exceptional items, with 13 others posting losses north of £10million. The average pre-tax deficit for the 19 clubs has so far been a smidgen over £20million."

"Lack of ambition"
though if we're not the same, apparently.
Out of interest, which 2 clubs turned a profit?
So your point, despite working from donkeys old figures, is that the owners should pump in as much money as they’re allowed as long as we’re within ffp. Why would they do that? And why are we somehow entitled to demand it?
Your last sentence - a good point. KLD's trust fund is not a community chest that fans are entitled to dive into and spend at will.

Last edited:

I don’t want us to sell anyone but it’s amusing that Blackburn have just sold a 19 year old who’s not played much for that amount of money yet aren’t banging on and on about “the model”!
every club has a model..except the unsucessful ones...and blackburn are getting less successful every day

We have the 4th lowest wages in the league, we have plenty of leg room.
Nobody is asking to break the wage structure.
Can you work the rest out?
You must’ve had a sneak peek of the accts cos they’re not out for last season yet never mind this season as far as I know.
This.

We’re nowhere near breaching FFP.

Some posters on here would have us happily sitting mid table every season with zero ambition because we’re sustainable.

One thing that would massively help is if we stopped spreading the funds that we do have so wide and thin.

Can’t wait for us to win the FFP trophy though.
Have you seen last seasons accts and had a peek at this seasons expected ones anarl? It’s looking like I’m the only fecker on here without access to em.

Last edited:
Skint surely. They got £18m for Wharton and spent zilch of it.
they bid £3mn or so for a US sstriker and seem to have failed to register him in time but are appealing..

but yeah £18mn in and £3mn out shows they are skint and the manager isnt winning games but my guess is they cant afford to sack him so want him to publically state he has resigned so they wont need to pay him..

So your point, despite working from donkeys old figures, is that the owners should pump in as much money as they’re allowed as long as we’re within ffp. Why would they do that? And why are we somehow entitled to demand it?

If you can just point out the post where I’ve said all of that it would be great, or are you just assuming to make your opinion look a bit better?
Either way, stop talking shit.

Back