Black pudding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard to get good black or white pudding here but clonakilty is ok
I'll agree with you on white pudding Cat, always better in Ireland but you're wrong on Black Pudding. We have some of the finest black pudding available over here.

Chadwicks Bury black pudding, sold on Bury market is superb, been making it since 1929 and won countless awards. I'll always make a detour if I'm within 20 miles and whenever friends or family to come up it's a standing rule they have to bring black pudding :lol: A few places sell it mail order but they want 4 or 5 times the price :evil:

Best way to cook black pudding is to fry your bacon first then quickly fry the black pudding in the bacon fat. Nectar :cool:

Well I'm not surprised to hear it is ok up north actually but the stuff you get in London is horrible and wrapped in plastic.

Obviously you can source good puddings but not as easily as a good sausage.
The good stuff is kept up here in God's country.
Let the co Cockneys and foreigners eat crap

Used to love it with a Sunday afternoon pint Paddy, along with the cheese, pickled onions and biscuits.

Swap the biscuits for a bit of saveloy and you're in.

Well I'm not surprised to hear it is ok up north actually but the stuff you get in London is horrible and wrapped in plastic.

I get decent black pudding in Portsmouth like.

I'll agree with you on white pudding Cat, always better in Ireland but you're wrong on Black Pudding. We have some of the finest black pudding available over here.

Chadwicks Bury black pudding, sold on Bury market is superb, been making it since 1929 and won countless awards. I'll always make a detour if I'm within 20 miles and whenever friends or family to come up it's a standing rule they have to bring black pudding :lol: A few places sell it mail order but they want 4 or 5 times the price :evil:

Best way to cook black pudding is to fry your bacon first then quickly fry the black pudding in the bacon fat. Nectar :cool:
I'm sure the breakfast at Ringway come advertised with Bury Marker black pudding... Ideal before a flight!

Pray tell. Why did she earn that nickname?!
She was a bit on the darker side...her brother was called Pud..tough bugger...no idea why. Lived in Boldon...its past 45 yeas now so hopefully that and 6000 miles will see me safe. Anyhow..there were four of us...

You should've posted this on the innuendo thread......

Can't beat a bit of black pudding with a nice poached egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back