Black Panther on the loose in Ayrshire

They're not that big man.

Not what big?

They’re mahoooooosive, man! If any cat’s going to be mistaken for a ‘big cat’ species, they’d be one of the top suspects. Only thing is they’re long haired, IIRC.

Never trust witnesses, though. People say they’ve seen all sort of exotic creatures when they’ve likely seen a pet cat or dog.

Not what big?

They’re mahoooooosive, man! If any cat’s going to be mistaken for a ‘big cat’ species, they’d be one of the top suspects. Only thing is they’re long haired, IIRC.

Never trust witnesses, though. People say they’ve seen all sort of exotic creatures when they’ve likely seen a pet cat or dog.

They are indeed long haired but only tend to be around a metre long, which is a fair bit smaller than a panther. In Scotland, there's also the Kellas cat, which is a black cross between a domestic cat and a Scottish wildcat. They're smaller than a Maine Coon but have the right colouring. Kellas is a long way north of Aryshire though.

They are indeed long haired but only tend to be around a metre long, which is a fair bit smaller than a panther. In Scotland, there's also the Kellas cat, which is a black cross between a domestic cat and a Scottish wildcat. They're smaller than a Maine Coon but have the right colouring. Kellas is a long way north of Aryshire though.

I don’t think a black panther is a species, though. I could be wrong, but I thought it was an umbrella term for certain ‘big’ wild cat species.

I don’t think a black panther is a species, though. I could be wrong, but I thought it was an umbrella term for certain ‘big’ wild cat species.

Jaguar and Leopard. They still have their marking but are so black you can't see them unless you are close enough to get eaten.
I looked up the crushing power of a jaguar's jaws a long time ago and it is like a few hundred pounds so I think somebodies labrador would be very dead very soon.

Last edited:
They've probably just given them Catnavs and let them find their own way up there.
Booooooooooooooooooo

I love the smb me. Where else would you get the above? Umbrella term. Love it

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaguar and Leopard. They still have their marking but are so black you can't see them unless you are close enough to get eaten.
I looked up the crushing power of a jaguar's jaws a long time ago and it is like a few hundred pounds so I think somebodies labrador would be very dead very soon.

:lol:
Made me chuckle!

‘There’s a panther loose, aboot this hoose!’.

Hmmm, doesn’t have the same ring to it as Moose. Nor does it rhyme. Nor is said Panther loose in a hoose.

I get a point for the Scottish connection though, right?

Fair enough, bugger yers.

Back