Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games

Watched thst relay with mixed teams in yday. Doesn't half highlight how much better men are at swimming. The bloke on the last leg was miles behind the women when he joined and ended up getting second. The Scotch, who had a decent lead at half way, after going with two men at the start, ended up getting pasted.

Watched thst relay with mixed teams in yday. Doesn't half highlight how much better men are at swimming. The bloke on the last leg was miles behind the women when he joined and ended up getting second. The Scotch, who had a decent lead at half way, after going with two men at the start, ended up getting pasted.
It's all factored in and tactical. When did the mixed stuff actually start?

I know it is. But it still highlights the difference. Four women with huge leads with one leg to go and the bloke went past three of them.
Aye, the swimming with the aerial view really does show the difference. But I'm interested to find out if this mixed stuff has always been a thing. It certainly was 10 years back and I think it was 20 years ago but need a start date if it wasn't always the case. Anyone?

Aye, the swimming with the aerial view really does show the difference. But I'm interested to find out if this mixed stuff has always been a thing. It certainly was 10 years back and I think it was 20 years ago but need a start date if it wasn't always the case. Anyone?
First Olympic version was only in Tokyo last year. Pretty sure this is the first time I’ve seen it at the Commonwealth Games.

Back