Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games

Tony Iommi is a great guitarist

I turned the telly off during the speeches, thinking all the music stuff had finished.

Reading the web news stuff this morning I see a load of reports that ‘Ozzy Osborne’ was ‘joined by members of Black Sabbath’ to play Paranoid.

I’m not a particular fan but that’s hugely disrespectful of Tony Iommi, in a manner that the writers of those articles will never be able to fathom.

I turned the telly off during the speeches, thinking all the music stuff had finished.

Reading the web news stuff this morning I see a load of reports that ‘Ozzy Osborne’ was ‘joined by members of Black Sabbath’ to play Paranoid.

I’m not a particular fan but that’s hugely disrespectful of Tony Iommi, in a manner that the writers of those articles will never be able to fathom.
TBF it was just Ozzy and members of black Sabbath. No Geezer on bass and the touring drummer from the last tour.

Contractually guess they can't call it Sabbath.

Still immense to watch Tony play

Last edited:
TBF it was just Ozzy and members of black Sabbath. No Geezer on bass and the touring drummer from the last tour.

Contractually guess they can't call it Sabbath.

Still immense to watch Tony play

Then it’s Ozzy Osbourne and Tony Iommi. Both formerly of Black Sabbath

Tony Iommi surely had a lot more to do with how Sabbath and their songs sounded to be considered as a mere unnamed sideman to their former singer.

Then it’s Ozzy Osbourne and Tony Iommi. Both formerly of Black Sabbath

Tony Iommi surely had a lot more to do with how Sabbath and their songs sounded to be considered as a mere unnamed sideman to their former singer.
Agree but to the general public it was (wrongly) Ozzy's band

Back