Billy Joe Saunders

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s an exceptional boxer. He’ll never get credit cause he’s an absolute balloon outside the ring.
This...a great boxer (when fit & switched on) in the ring however can be a complete knacker outside of it.
watching the BT build up they were saying he's ditched the other daftys around him plus hes got a new trainer and seems to have knuckled down, hopeully it might stop the lad making a fool of himself as his style could beat GGG...

I just want to see him take on Eubanks jr again. I don’t particularly like either of them, just want to see it with proper build up as I missed it first time round.

I just want to see him take on Eubanks jr again. I don’t particularly like either of them, just want to see it with proper build up as I missed it first time round.

The Eubanks have already turned down the rematch twice. Although if Groves beats him he might change his mind

I don't buy all the psychological bullshit that goes on before fights these days, it's either hype or diversion tactics and rarely adds anything to the actual fight. The difference with Saunders is he's a complete cock at all times, pissed off a lot of boxing people and doesn't know when to stop, so socially he's reaping what he's sown.
He has not really, he is just a cock. He deserves more praise mainstream

The Fury that threatened to hang his own sister if she was promiscuous? The Fury that likened homosexuality to paedophilia?

Aye,great bloke
Class boxer though who does not get the credit he deserves in the ring.

The Fury that threatened to hang his own sister if she was promiscuous? The Fury that likened homosexuality to paedophilia?

Aye,great bloke

Very few boxers are top citezens mind, or at least have done or said stupid things. Our last two heavyweight champions have been the choice between that or a racist ex drug dealer.

I think he does. I think he gets better the longer he doesn’t fight as well

That's not true mind. I'd say last thing he is is overrated

I’m not saying they are amazing people. I’m saying that Fury is a bigot who gets all the stick he gets.

I don't think he's a bad person tbh. Think he just blurts out shit that he's been around in his community all his life, but is usually spot on with people he meets. Been open about struggling with mental health as well and has avoided turning out like his dad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he does. I think he gets better the longer he doesn’t fight as well
Disagree, although see your point people have actually warmed to his character recently (rightly or wrongly). But the fact Fury went over to Germany and beat Vlad in his own backyard is the reason why he should be celebrated, much more than AJ who was getting schooled apart from 2 rounds against Vlad.

That's not true mind. I'd say last thing he is is overrated

I don't think he's a bad person tbh. Think he just blurts out shit that he's been around in his community all his life, but is usually spot on with people he meets. Been open about struggling with mental health as well and has avoided turning out like his dad.
Agreed

Saunders seems to have his act together since going to the Ingle gym he’s in the best shape he’s ever been.
He totally outclassed Lemieux who couldn’t lay a glove on him, Lemieux was lucky if he won 2 rounds and that’s arguable.

He has not really, he is just a cock. He deserves more praise mainstream

Class boxer though who does not get the credit he deserves in the ring.

One scene fight doesn’t make a class boxer yeah he was awesome that night but before that he’s fought mainly bums never knocked out a lot of them and was most known for punching himself !

One scene fight doesn’t make a class boxer yeah he was awesome that night but before that he’s fought mainly bums never knocked out a lot of them and was most known for punching himself !

That's how boxing works, loads of journeymen opponents, I suppose Joshua has only ever fought contenders.

He had shown the potential to do what he did against Vlad, everyone doubted him but he went into Germany singing and dancing, whilst during the fight putting his hands behind his back :lol:. The bloke is top level and deserves the top respect. People who think he is well known for punching himself are the bias casual fans who know nowt about boxing.
Logon or register to see this image

Watched this yesterday, a great fight from saunders. Hope he gets that ggg fight. Think ggg will pressure him to much to put on a display like that again but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back