Billy Hughes, RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aw shit :cry: :cry::cry:
Billy is my all time, favourite ever, Sunland player.
An absolute wizard, and a true maverick, among other legendary maverick's like, Best, Bowles, Marsh, Currie and Worthington.
R.I.P Billy :cry:

Posted this earlier this year about him. Sad news

Got great memories of Billy playing up to the old Leazes end magnificently. For some reason, Sunderland used to warm up at the Leazes before kick off, no other team did. We used to sing "Billy Hughes is a puff" and he would walk about like a woman, flinging his hair about. When toilet rolls were flung at him, he'd pretend to wipe his arse. We used to piss ourselves laughing at him. Top bloke.

Such sad news. As most will know, Billy was a member of a truly exceptional footballing family. Loved him as a kid even though he was before my time, mainly on account of his family footballing links to Sunderland and Celtic and him being from the same town as my family.

RIP Billy. I’ll raise a drink tomorrow for him in Gallowgate.

Too young to have seen him play, but me dad always talked very highly of him, as did every older fan I ever met so very sad to hear this news - RIP Billy

Another of us four Scots that were the foundation of our last trophy winning side. I'm sure I'd have seen him play in the twilight of his career with us although I was too young to remember. Rest well and wake refreshed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back