Bikers of the smb

Yea it does. I’m not sure what is going to be causing that. I’ve not noticed any excessive fuel consumption. I’ll give it a few hundred miles and pull one out to see if it’s still looking rich. Seems like one thing after another with this bike, but it is on 55k and is nearly 20 years old.
Air filter is the first thing to try.

But for the age, miles, its doing well, as hondas do.😎

Last edited:
Air filter is the first thing to try.

But for the age, miles, its doing well, as hondas do.😎

it's got a freshly oiled k&n air filter. Engine oil is still golden, its barely done any miles since lockdown, less than 1000 miles per year since jan 2020. But that came with it's own problems such as the brake pistons seizing and needing a new chain. I really fancy something newer, but I just can't justify it as a commuter when I only use it to go to newcastle once or twice a week at most.

Came home early as it looked a nice day, windy as fuck now I've got the bike out. Just took the baffles out to have a listen,it sounds ridiculous

Better to be heard, as often you aren't seen. Stay safe, wind is probably the worst conditions to ride in after ice.
Well its nowhere near as bad as when I first put the exhaust on, it must have toned down a bit, theres also no pops or bangs anymore but that'll surely be the pcv. I'm down roker beach now, its started raining 🤣

Went out today, got a wasp in my helmet which was scary,felt as if the only place it could go was inside my lug. Luckily there was a space to pull over next to the road works at Bournmoor. Not as bad as the time a wasp got into my jacket via the neck and ended up stinging my gut, had to practically punch myself to stop it 🤣. Anyone else have any insect/animal near misses?

Went out today, got a wasp in my helmet which was scary,felt as if the only place it could go was inside my lug. Luckily there was a space to pull over next to the road works at Bournmoor. Not as bad as the time a wasp got into my jacket via the neck and ended up stinging my gut, had to practically punch myself to stop it 🤣. Anyone else have any insect/animal near misses?
Going over this bridge:
Logon or register to see this image

Was riding a Harley, so not going very fast, got to the top and a Pelican launched itself off the side rail straight into my head.
Don’t know how I stayed on (both bike and bridge), but my mates were pissing themselves.
The Pelican just flew off.

Riding in Spain with my visor up I got hit by a wasp right between the eyes. When I stopped I had a stinger and a bit of guts sticking in my forehead, the impact must have forced the stinger in. Next day I looked like a Unicorn with the size of the lump that came up. Spring time a few years ago I rode through a swarm of bees, it was like being pebbledashed. I stopped and was crapping myself in case any made it inside my jacket, luckily none did but there were about 20 splattered on me jacket and helmet.

Gutted today as I no longer have a bike and Easter was normally our first ride of the season.

First time I have not had a bike for years.

I still have my one piece leathers and helmet so I might gear up and sit in the garden drinking and pretending to get my knee down on the garden furniture.

Have a great blast everyone.

Riding down a French motorway I went 'blind' in my right eye.
A hornet had got under my sunglasses and was sitting there being potentially evil.
Although my brain was screaming 'fcknellfcknellfcknellfcknell' I rolled off the throttle, pulled onto the hard shoulder and coasted to a stop.
Very slowly and carefully took off my helmet, then my glasses and it flew away. Massive bugger.

I have never been so cool in my life and hope I never have to be again

Got stang off a wasp once and my eye puffed up , but that wasn't too bad as it got me out of a meeting I was on my way to.

Gutted today as I no longer have a bike and Easter was normally our first ride of the season.

I still have my one piece leathers and helmet so I might gear up and sit in the garden drinking and pretending to get my knee down on the garden furniture.

I never had one for years and its always the decent days or when you see other bikes you get the itxh

not whilst riding but we were away camping on the bikes for the weekend sitting around the tents having a beer and a bit crack. i never noticed a wasp on top of my can, swallowed it and it stung me all the way down. dropped to my knees and couldn't breathe. went into panic mode a bit, all i heard was folk saying he needs milk-no he needs vinegar-quite amusing looking back as we were all quite merry :) ended up going to hospital where some sadist put a camera down my throat to see how many times it's stung me. a fair few iirc.

not whilst riding but we were away camping on the bikes for the weekend sitting around the tents having a beer and a bit crack. i never noticed a wasp on top of my can, swallowed it and it stung me all the way down. dropped to my knees and couldn't breathe. went into panic mode a bit, all i heard was folk saying he needs milk-no he needs vinegar-quite amusing looking back as we were all quite merry :) ended up going to hospital where some sadist put a camera down my throat to see how many times it's stung me. a fair few iirc.
😨😱

I take it you sold up then Jeff. You must have your eye on one surely.
Christ.😂

Painful.

Back