Bikers of the smb

Had a mooch out on sunday afternoon through to shields and back along the seafront. Me tackle was well shrivelled by the time I got back, still too cold but enjoyable all the same.

insurance paid for the year; tax paid for the year, service due and new tyres on the horizon-expensive bloody business this biking game.
Just had to pay my insurance again after mce's underwriter went bust. Still waiting for the refund from the fsa who sort all their shit out. Usually tax it by dd, something like 8pm, as im a fair weather rider.
Had a mooch out on sunday afternoon through to shields and back along the seafront. Me tackle was well shrivelled by the time I got back, still too cold but enjoyable all the same.
As you say nice just to be out on it. Mot mine thur, out for a run friday hopefully. U got heated grips? Godsend when its chilly
presuming its £96?
Scandalous when you think about it.
188 for me-down from £300 last year.
Got mine for £96, and a £40 cashback bonus from quidco, also £20 from the insurer so pennys for the year.

Last edited:
That time again lads, battery back on serviced ready for an mot on Thursday. Buzzing already. :cool:

Anyone else dusting the bike off ready for the new season.
Oh yeah and now that I live in the heart of some of the best roads in the north, roads down to the coast via Whitby and Scarborough and then west towards Hawes and Patley Bridge

I went out earlier, should've avoided Teesdale if I didn't want to be cold and rained on but soon found my way to warmer, dryer conditions. The weekend's forecast looks very encouraging.

Any of the lads who haven’t checked Allen Millyard out on YouTube well worth a watch. The engineering skills this bloke has are something which is rare and soon to be gone. Unbelievabley talented bloke and some great content on his channel.

Seen thats off a few years ago.Mental that machine, if you watch his rev counter it barely moves 😂

If you like mad things like that although this is a company that makes these

Fitted new cam chain tensioners to the VFR today. It had a really bad rattle, and the Facebook groups diagnosed it as that. Sounds fine for the short tests I’ve done, real test will be the commute tomorrow. Also changed the spark plugs while I was there. The old ones were a right mess, I’ve no idea when they were last changed, I probably should have done them earlier
Logon or register to see this image

Fitted new cam chain tensioners to the VFR today. It had a really bad rattle, and the Facebook groups diagnosed it as that. Sounds fine for the short tests I’ve done, real test will be the commute tomorrow. Also changed the spark plugs while I was there. The old ones were a right mess, I’ve no idea when they were last changed, I probably should have done them earlier
Think i was speaking to you the other week down fulwell 😉 . Halfords £1 special sparkys? Mine werent as bad like but mine only has 28k on

Perfect weather for riding here at the moment. Very rarely put the bikes away in winter, but come July/August/September it’s too feckin hot to sit at traffic lights in 100/37 degree heat with the sun belting down on you.

Think i was speaking to you the other week down fulwell 😉 . Halfords £1 special sparkys? Mine werent as bad like but mine only has 28k on

Yes that we me. Finally got some from eBay. Had to get them imported from Japan, £170 for the pair. Locally they were £160 each!

Plugs were the halford specials. Exact same model number as came out, can’t complain at £1 each.

Seen thats off a few years ago.Mental that machine, if you watch his rev counter it barely moves 😂

If you like mad things like that although this is a company that makes these

Iirc theres one of those kicks around up here.
They are iradium plugs, last about 30k. Looks like its running rich mind.

Last edited:
Iirc theres one of those kicks around up here.

They are iradium plugs, last about 30k. Looks like its running rich mind.
Yea it does. I’m not sure what is going to be causing that. I’ve not noticed any excessive fuel consumption. I’ll give it a few hundred miles and pull one out to see if it’s still looking rich. Seems like one thing after another with this bike, but it is on 55k and is nearly 20 years old.

Any of the lads who haven’t checked Allen Millyard out on YouTube well worth a watch. The engineering skills this bloke has are something which is rare and soon to be gone. Unbelievabley talented bloke and some great content on his channel.

he's an incredibly clever bloke. seen a few of his videos and enjoyed them. he's sometimes on that shed and buried show with henry cole and sam lovegrove.
Yea it does. I’m not sure what is going to be causing that. I’ve not noticed any excessive fuel consumption. I’ll give it a few hundred miles and pull one out to see if it’s still looking rich. Seems like one thing after another with this bike, but it is on 55k and is nearly 20 years old.
look a bit oily as well.

Last edited:

Back