Bikers of the smb

Which way do you go from Kirkby to tan Hill?
turn left at the traffic lights towards nateby, follow your nose and just before keld there's another left. it's only a little road but usually quiet and quite spectacular imo.
Nice run that, whats an ez clutch, i take it it's a device which makes the clutch easyer.
aye, it's just a little cheap thing that gives a better angle for the cable to the actuating arm.

Just sold mine, Triumph Daytona, a few weeks ago. My mate who I used to ride with died suddenly and I just lost the appetite to go out riding. Managed to sell it for pretty much what I bought it for. Maybe get something to go trail riding, but lost interest in road riding. Too many folks killed on the roads over here on bikes.

turn left at the traffic lights towards nateby, follow your nose and just before keld there's another left. it's only a little road but usually quiet and quite spectacular imo.

aye, it's just a little cheap thing that gives a better angle for the cable to the actuating arm.
Aye a heavy clutch does take it out of you. My current bike has a hydraulic clutch, first time iv had one, its a dream to use.

Just sold mine, Triumph Daytona, a few weeks ago. My mate who I used to ride with died suddenly and I just lost the appetite to go out riding. Managed to sell it for pretty much what I bought it for. Maybe get something to go trail riding, but lost interest in road riding. Too many folks killed on the roads over here on bikes.
Always been the same though. once you start letting it get in your mind its time to give up. Trail bikes are killers too mind im sure you're aware.
That is some photo and what a pair of bikes.
2 appreciating classics.

Last edited:
It was cleaner when I bought it. The previous owner had it refurbished but had to sell all his bikes after having a bad accident that left him unable to ride. It wasn't this one he crashed and it came with loads of original parts like the wheels and exhaust but I've got them stashed away in the loft.

Yeah been out loads as im still furloughed. Even been on a few little group rides to the coast. On the beast. Superduke 1290r.

Yeah been out loads as im still furloughed. Even been on a few little group rides to the coast. On the beast. Superduke 1290r.
Somone offered me a superduke. wanted to swap me for my R1 when i had it up for sale.
It was cleaner when I bought it. The previous owner had it refurbished but had to sell all his bikes after having a bad accident that left him unable to ride. It wasn't this one he crashed and it came with loads of original parts like the wheels and exhaust but I've got them stashed away in the loft.
The Tuono must be a dream to ride after being on the honda i bet.😅

Last edited:
Had a blade about 15yrs ago put a few thousand miles on it. Great fun. The new one is a different beast altogether, traction control abs the lot. Sold my R1and Got a CB1000R just before the lockdown which is basically a naked de tuned fireblade, its more than enough power mind. Love it, my back and wrists dont hurt anymore after 30mins.

I borrowed a mates blade for the day about 20 years ago, gave it back to him after an hour or so - I just couldn't keep the front wheel down (even going round roundabouts). Terrifying.

I borrowed a mates blade for the day about 20 years ago, gave it back to him after an hour or so - I just couldn't keep the front wheel down (even going round roundabouts). Terrifying.
Had one about 15 years ago. The honda fireblade was the bike which started the ball rolling with superbikes years ago. Crazy power for a bike all them years ago when you think about it. The modern version has abs, traction control etc. A different beast altogether.

Had one about 15 years ago. The honda fireblade was the bike which started the ball rolling with superbikes years ago. Crazy power for a bike all them years ago when you think about it. The modern version has abs, traction control etc. A different beast altogether.

Yep, I rode a ZXR750 around the same time and it was totally different. Handling, power delivery etc.

Back