Bigger queues today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the supermarkets that’s making mockery of any lockdown , loads must catch it when food shopping as they’ve been as busy as normal

It’s the supermarkets that’s making mockery of any lockdown , loads must catch it when food shopping as they’ve been as busy as normal

You’ve got to have food though..do most of my shopping at Tesco Roker and to be fair they do a canny job of only allowing a certain number at a time into the store.

Went to Boots to pick up a repeat prescription today then M&S for food. Both great. Boots were pulling people needing prescriptions out of the queue so they didn't have to go in store and M&S wasn't too busy (5 minutes queuing to get in).

Most people were observing the rules but one oldish woman at Boots was kicking off a bit about having to queue and, as I left, I noticed she definitely wasn't 2m behind the person in front of her. In M&S, an old couple were doddering a bit, basically going slowly and having a discussion in every aisle rather than getting in, getting the job done and getting out again.

Went to Asda at 8 this morning. No que straight in shop pretty quiet. Was back home for 8.25. Full shop done.

Wife drove past Washington B and Q earlier and said the cars were queuing back to the Washington highway roundabout.

Wife drove past Washington B and Q earlier and said the cars were queuing back to the Washington highway roundabout.
Aren't they doing click and collect only though? I think they bring the order to your car for you. I tried to price a door the other night (not to fit now, but when normality returns) and couldn't get on their site because of the amount of people on it. An hour waiting time to get online.

Last edited:
Metrocentre M&S now making people queue inside the store in a big snake like queue so they can display all their non-food stuff without breaking the regs. Don't seem to have twigged that pacing out 2 metres doesn't really work if you bring the queue back on itself after the first metre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back