Bigger queues today.

Cheesy Feet

Striker
Never did any shopping since last weekend..today..ffs..Morrisons at Seaburn is right round onto the seafront and Asda at Boldon coils round the car park.

Tesco was just as bad. From the bottom of the escalators to the front door, back along the length of the car park then back round the uncovered bit. I tried Morrisons, saw the queue so got back in the car then left, so tried Tesco and had learned my lesson so did a quick once round in the car to see how bad it was before deciding to go back another time.

I’ll just go to the local shop for me beers then. Cheers for the heads up.

Daft thing is I went to Hendersons for a sandwich and got all my meat then the paper shop further up for bread and a few beers..I’m not queuing like.
Tesco was just as bad. From the bottom of the escalators to the front door, back along the length of the car park then back round the uncovered bit. I tried Morrisons, saw the queue so got back in the car then left, so tried Tesco and had learned my lesson so did a quick once round in the car to see how bad it was before deciding to go back another time.

I just live out the back of Tesco and it’s been canny about 5 o clock time.

Last edited:
Aldi @ Pelaw, queue round the car park. Well spaced out. Security on the door. Beggar in car park is now a permanent fixture. Been there a few days now according to Mrs R, and a very nice car right next to him every time my missus has passed. In a spot that is only ever used when car park is packed. Bit suspicious that.

Liddl, just over the road, much shorter queue, because they are about 2 ft apart.

I went and done ours this morning, first time in two weeks. The queue was big but moving and it was fine once in. That was first thing this morning so I reckon rest of today and tomorrow will be busy. We've got everything we need so won't be going anywhere now for a while.

What does he mean search shopping?

surely if its for sale in a shop thats open its allowed?

They have no right or business to search anyone’s shopping bags or trolley. If they even ask, they should be told to mind their own business.

I can’t imagine that this will happen though.

What does he mean search shopping?

surely if its for sale in a shop thats open its allowed?
The supermarkets are laughing really. When I was Morrisons earlier there was loads of people buying plants, yet the garden centres aren't allowed to open. I think opening the garden centres this weekend would have been a good idea as it reduces the amount of people going to the supermarket for plants. Or should the only be allowed to sell groceries?

They have no right or business to search anyone’s shopping bags or trolley. If they even ask, they should be told to mind their own business.

I can’t imagine that this will happen though.

Yeah probs want

the very fact you bought the item from a shop that is by law deemed essential, means the item is essential

I worry this type of rhetoric is going to increase panic buying again
The supermarkets are laughing really. When I was Morrisons earlier there was loads of people buying plants, yet the garden centres aren't allowed to open. I think opening the garden centres this weekend would have been a good idea as it reduces the amount of people going to the supermarket for plants. Or should the only be allowed to sell groceries?

Plus they get a business rates holiday for 12 months

they are going to absolutely rake it in

I spent the last few weeks making big batches of chilli, curry, soups and dals and freezing them down in smaller portions. So although I should have enough to eat I have a worying lack of alcohol. I've got a few boxes od cuppa soups which will have to do.

All the big supermarkets announced at least a 20% rise in profit in March.
After most issuing profit warnings earlier in the year.

Tesco in particular are taking the piss.

just as our reliance on supermarkets was beginning to wane they get another helping hand.

I'm.in a queue right now.. it's ok but I had a right go at this woman.. mask and gloves on.. put the trolley back and then slung her gloves Into the empty trolley.. I shouted at her as she walked away and she walked back and took them back to her car...
This is incredible & disgusting, my cousin works at Asda in South Shields & they are collecting 40-50 pairs of rubber gloves from the car park every day.

I was going to go today for drink over the weekend and top up on food so I dont have to go out till next friday, but thought it would be busy as fuck today so went yesterday, 15 min wait to get in asda then 10 min to get in aldi

Back