Bid rejected for Clarke

The only way we should consider accepting a bid for Clarke is if it's in the £25-30m region.

Anything less and we won't even have enough to get a suitable replacement (never mind strengthen other areas) after Spurs take their cut.

A suitable replacement won’t necessarily cost the same though.

Seems to be plenty of news reports talking about various clubs being interested in Clarke. I'll be gutted if he leaves, but how can we ever hope to keep quality players with such a difference in wages on offer in the PL.

I'll soon grow bored of it if every season we are simply training kids up so that they move away to the PL

Seems to be plenty of news reports talking about various clubs being interested in Clarke. I'll be gutted if he leaves, but how can we ever hope to keep quality players with such a difference in wages on offer in the PL.

I'll soon grow bored of it if every season we are simply training kids up so that they move away to the PL

You say you would grow bored of it, is that opposed to being excited by how we were prior?

The owners have openly stated what the plan was from day one.

It’s obviously working hence the 30,000 season tickets being sold.

As the club grows financially, so will the investment. I believe in Speakman and Co we have the right people to initiate this.

I fully support anything they believe to be the right thing to do.

If Clarke and his parasite (sorry agent) want to break the wage structure then he has to go. No one is bigger than the club.

New contract talks have stalled apparently.

Obviously not as happy here as suggested.

Ian Harte probably keeping the press aware.

Source: TeamTalk website.
That should of saved you the bother of typing that all out mate.

You'd be better off getting a quote off a taxi driver.

There's been a lot of 'prior' tbf 😃

I just don't want us perpetually sitting in the Championship just feeding players up into the PL.

No and of course that wouldn't be the plan but there are far worse things than buying players with potential for cheap, have them play well and sell at a large profit.

There's been a lot of 'prior' tbf 😃

I just don't want us perpetually sitting in the Championship just feeding players up into the PL.

That’s the crux of it. The ‘model’ or whatever they want to label it will only succeed if the profits reinvested from player sales result in us acquiring players that enable us to get promoted within a fairly short time period.

If we’re perceived to be a kindergarten for premier league clubs where, despite the apparent ambition to achieve promotion, we never look like quite getting there, then fans will soon tire of the plan.

I think most have been genuinely surprised and delighted at the season we’ve just had but we need to keep improving. The balancing act in order to do that while selling (or losing in Amal’s case) some of our better players is the next challenge

That’s the crux of it. The ‘model’ or whatever they want to label it will only succeed if the profits reinvested from player sales result in us acquiring players that enable us to get promoted within a fairly short time period.

If we’re perceived to be a kindergarten for premier league clubs where, despite the apparent ambition to achieve promotion, we never look like quite getting there, then fans will soon tire of the plan.

I think most have been genuinely surprised and delighted at the season we’ve just had but we need to keep improving. The balancing act in order to do that while selling (or losing in Amal’s case) some of our better players is the next challenge
Yep. We were great last season and really brought on loan players like Amad. PL clubs will be looking at us thinking what a great place to develop their kids.

It's a tricky balance as you say.

The owners have openly stated what the plan was from day one.

It’s obviously working hence the 30,000 season tickets being sold.

As the club grows financially, so will the investment. I believe in Speakman and Co we have the right people to initiate this.

I fully support anything they believe to be the right thing to do.

If Clarke and his parasite (sorry agent) want to break the wage structure then he has to go. No one is bigger than the club.
A bit harsh on Harte there mind

Agree with rest

Back