Beware the Tangerines...

A couple of weeks ago I said "We need to keep an eye on Blackpool" as they were storming their way up to the top, and I got "So what?" etc back.
Well now look.

We have to play them twice in 10 days and they are tapping us on the shoulder.
Wigan for us next and then Blackpool, then Hull, AS (again) and Blackpool again.

Blackpool have us, AS and Shrewsbury to play.

Goes without saying we need to win every game to stand a chance of automatic promotion, but we (and others) need to knock the wind out of Blackpool's collective sails.

I'm not going to bookmark this as an "I told you so", but more to make a point that while it's important to chase down the top two, ignoring those nipping at our heels would be an error.
The same as the "It's in our hands" brigade when people were wanting Peterborough and Hull to drop points.

The same as the "It's in our hands" brigade when people were wanting Peterborough and Hull to drop points.

Precisely. I want us to get up on our own steam but the fact is that other teams have to lose as well as us win.
However, what you can't do is rely on that happening if you have a blip

Furious with them to be honest, but I can't do anything about it. That's down to them.
Hopefully this will give them the boot up the arse they need. You'd have thought the previous 2 losses would have done that, but apparently not

I think there's a plethora of them on the pitch, yes.
Was never going to be an easy game, even without the shambled midweek. Some as you've pointed out never took them seriously though.

We're not going up like. We're shot.

Was never going to be an easy game, even without the shambled midweek. Some as you've pointed out never took them seriously though.

We're not going up like. We're shot.

There's still time to get their heads back in it and get to the play off finals. Part of me thinks it'll come down to how much they want it.
Winning the FA Trophy was meant to be a catalyst to boost them to promotion. If anything, it's when the air started to some out of the tyres

There's still time to get their heads back in it and get to the play off finals. Part of me thinks it'll come down to how much they want it.
Winning the FA Trophy was meant to be a catalyst to boost them to promotion. If anything, it's when the air started to some out of the tyres
Would you want to work your way out of a job?

Would you want to work your way out of a job?

Depends on how confident I'd be of getting a job elsewhere.

What I mean is, we want promotion. Wigan didn't want to be relegated. On the night, Wigan wanted it more. You could argue the same with Blackpool wanting it more, but I'm not sure it's always the case.

Having played the Real Madrid of the North West, and looking comfortable, if a little more than uncreative, and toothless, against their star studded team of Galactico's, the only thing we have to fear when we play them again, in the return game, or perhaps in the play off's, is ourselves.
We need to stop giving soft goals away, and start creating more chances, and putting those chances away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back