Better Call Saul - Season 6

Not entirely sure what people wanted from the ending. Saul and Kim were the only two left and he was either going to shaft her or he wasn’t. The whole programme has shown his love for her.

It was expertly written throughout.
Aye he admitted all for his love for her.

Was true as well as without Saul WW and Jesse never would have made it.

He was a key cog in their meth business. Showed he was still slipping Jimmy as got it down to 7 years somehow and gave it all up for Kymm and done 86.

Not entirely sure what people wanted from the ending. Saul and Kim were the only two left and he was either going to shaft her or he wasn’t. The whole programme has shown his love for her.

I don't think that dilemma existed until he created it though, as she had barely any involvement in the crimes he was getting sent down for. She already admitted her part in Howard's downfall. Nothing he said would undo that, and she wanted to admit her part in that as the guilt was eating her up.

He could have took his cushy deal AND told a story that minimised her involvement as far as possible AND got out of jail 7 years later to return to being Jimmy McGill and repent his sins. Which would have been more true to his character.

I don't think that dilemma existed until he created it though, as she had barely any involvement in the crimes he was getting sent down for. She already admitted her part in Howard's downfall. Nothing he said would undo that, and she wanted to admit her part in that as the guilt was eating her up.

He could have took his cushy deal AND told a story that minimised her involvement as far as possible AND got out of jail 7 years later to return to being Jimmy McGill and repent his sins. Which would have been more true to his character.
That’s a fair call actually.

That is exactly what I thought too, after everything he has done throughout the series the only thing he ever wanted was the love and respect from Kim.

That is exactly what I thought too, after everything he has done throughout the series the only thing he ever wanted was the love and respect from Kim.
It's not though. He wanted loads of money and the thrill of the hustle more.

He had the love and respect of Kim when he was practising elder law and spawned his way into a high paying straight laced job with Davis and Main. He even had it when he was in the mail room at HHM, and when he was a penniless court appointed defence attorney.

Not entirely sure what people wanted from the ending. Saul and Kim were the only two left and he was either going to shaft her or he wasn’t.
But what he did made no difference to any case against Kim.
If Kim loves him surely she'd be happier if he didn't have to die in prison?

just binge watched last few days .

Great series , take on board peoples comments re ending, my guess is the different writers would have been gathered around the table arguing different endings, once decided upon, worked backwards to show what a reprehensible character Jimmy was- stealing from the cancer patient , potentially murdering Marian etc.

Sequel could be Jimmy digs a tunnel and escapes.........

On another note , mentioned this before, if find yourself in Alberquerque, go on the bb/bcs tour, its magnificent, also get to meet Combo- he likes Wearside accents:D

It's not though. He wanted loads of money and the thrill of the hustle more.

He had the love and respect of Kim when he was practising elder law and spawned his way into a high paying straight laced job with Davis and Main. He even had it when he was in the mail room at HHM, and when he was a penniless court appointed defence attorney.
Sometimes you don't realise what you have until it's gone

I think it was fine tbh. It was the safer ending for sure and a one that people will get on board with but won't go down as any great ending.

The other option was his to shaft Kim and walk free as the filthiest slimiest arsehole going which I think a lot of people would have hated but would have been ultimately a better ending for the show and the character. A big fuck you to everyone, Saul had conned us all as well as everyone on the show and sometimes slimebags commit horrendous crimes and don't pay the price. That is how the world works.

But the one we got was still decent wnougha Nd tied the series up nicely.

It almost feels like the ending was written to please middle America. Bad guy gets what’s coming/bad guy repents and does his sentence. But I guess middle America don’t watch BCS anyway.

As some have said he loved Kim but dying in jail on the off chance something he says might lessen something she has already admitted to is just too far out of step with the character.

It almost feels like the ending was written to please middle America. Bad guy gets what’s coming/bad guy repents and does his sentence. But I guess middle America don’t watch BCS anyway.

As some have said he loved Kim but dying in jail on the off chance something he says might lessen something she has already admitted to is just too far out of step with the character.
Out of step with Saul but not with Jimmy.

Erm, that’s exactly the sort of ending the writers wanted. Gilligan, for example, was aghast a how long people still pulled for Walter White. There is a strong moral streak in these shows if you look for it.

Finished last night. Was a bit guttered the ending wasn’t a bit cleverer, but I suppose it can’t be daft.

Can’t remember the last time I watched a series ending & was happy tbh.

Starting House of the Dragon tonight.

Would you have preferred the ending you thought you got the week before?
I held of posting for a canny while tbf :lol:

Almost, oddly.
It would have been a Goodfellas ending. Was he just going to be on the run for the rest of his life? Did he get caught.
People would have f***ing hated it though !

😂

It's hard to end a show directly and probably impossible to please everyone.
Aye, I know. & if it gets too big, people speculate early on. Lost was spoilt by all the theories bandied about. They could never finish it well after the 500,000 different endings thrown out on forum. Similar to Game of Thrones. The build up lasted that long it became impossible to “climax”

Back