Best Westerns (films, not hotels)

Fck yeah The Wild Bunch! Superb :cool:
The brilliant opening sequence to the Wild Bunch ::the Salvation Arny band in the middle of the cross fire. Peckinpah's masterpiece. For extra elegiac moodiness Peckinpah's 'Pat Garret and Billy the Kid 'with Dylans score
Not really a conventional western but I enjoyed the treasure of the sierra madre
Brilliant film. On that note: Bad Day at Black Rock. Late 1940s : stranger arrives in an isolated desert town and shakes things up. What a cast: Spencer Tracy Robert Ryan Lee Marvin Ernest Borgnine Walter Brennan.

Last edited:
3:10 To Yuma
Original or remix?
Neo Westerns.

Lone Star.
Red Rock West.
Fargo.
No Country For Old Men.
Hell or High Water.
Good lad. I was trailing through the thread and gonna hoy these into the mix. Howsabout The Three Funerals of Emilio Wotsisface?
Hell Or High Water is one of the best newish fillums of any genre I’ve seen for decades.

Last edited:
Original or remix?

Good lad. I was trailing through the thread and gonna hoy these into the mix. Howsabout The Three Funerals of Emilio Wotsisface?
Hell Or High Water is one of the best newish fillums of any genre I’ve seen for decades.
Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada? nice cameo from Levon Helm. '57 and '07 Yuma are toppa.
👍

Can you remember all the actors' names?

Yes.
Looked through and all of them are very good. Surprised that this one has only been mentioned once so far:

The Ox-bow Incident.

For me The Searchers is very good but She Wore a Yellow Ribbon is the best.

Last edited:

Back