Best Opening Scene to a Film

Aye that’s what I thought of.
The long tracking shot idea has been copied many times since, including Rope, Spectre, Snake Eyes and of course 1917 among others.

Must be the first film that did it? With very difficult technical restraints. Cameras then get lighter studios and sets got bigger and it becomes easier to copy that shot

Rocky 2

Or

Last Crusade. Even though i had seen the poster and probably seen the trailer, I watched it for the first time absolutely raging thinking it was going to be about a young Indiana Jones….then he lifts his head back up with the music playing and all was perfect in the world

Rocky 2

Or

Last Crusade. Even though i had seen the poster and probably seen the trailer, I watched it for the first time absolutely raging thinking it was going to be about a young Indiana Jones….then he lifts his head back up with the music playing and all was perfect in the world
Raiders of the Lost Ark isn't a bad shout actually, certainly a famous opening scene anyway

Enduring Love. Crap film but the opening scene is a runaway hot air ballon with a kid trapped in it and the attempt to save him. Like i say, crap film with Daniel Craig and Rhys Ifans
Could only find the German dubbed version online

Back