Best Opening Scene to a Film

Can remember going to see it at the pictures with my kids, and started to fill up at that bit.

The only film I ever cried at, apart from when Boon and his mates were tormenting John Merrick.

I didn't have children when it came out and was debating going to see it as an adult on my own but wasn't sure if that was a bit weird.

Then I got talking to a neighbour who asked if I knew anyone who could mind her children while she worked a Saturday shift as her childcare had let her down. I offered on the condition I could take them to the pictures so I had an excuse to go 😁

A mention for A History of Violence..........two guys check out of a motel then one asks the other to refill his water bottle........

I know its not the opening scene but I'm going to post it anyway.......

Last edited:
Quite like the opening of From Dusk til Dawn but, my favourite, and one I watch just the opening for is….

Drum roll

The Dawn of the Dead Remake!!!

I know :lol: but I think that first 10 minutes or so is absolutely sublime.

Rubbish film but a guilty pleasure for me - ‘Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man’. Mickey Rourke pulls out of some bewer’s pad in Dallas and there are several egregious overhead shots of him riding through west Texas, Arizona and finally on the LA freeway while Bon Jovi’s ‘Wanted Dead Or Alive’ plays over the opening credits.

Always loved that first scene in the first Star wars when that massive ship goes on and on as it flies overhead. remember watching it and knowing we were in for a fun time. (Not many movies back then gave you a fun time..most were miserable moral tales where no goodness survives)

Yes, Star Wars holds the torch, but I’m offering Inglorious Bastards. Edge of your seat from the start and Waltz basically won the Oscar on the strength of that one scene. It’s incredible.

If only there was a thread were we could discuss this

If only there was a thread were we could discuss this
I bloody searched it and got no hits 🤨🤨

Not the best but a classic 🤠

Enjoyed Blade anarl, class tune 😎

continuation of the opening scene

Last edited:

Back