Best of ,Greatest hits albums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlatans

great band, possibly the band I've seen live most but with the exception of Tellin Stories I'd rarely listen to their albums straight through. There is however always 3-4 absolute crackers on each one.

I'd probably agree with that other than their debut, which is excellent.

Ash are another similar band. Great singles, albums never really worked. One a slightly different tack, I'd also say Duran Duran.

Charlatans

great band, possibly the band I've seen live most but with the exception of Tellin Stories I'd rarely listen to their albums straight through. There is however always 3-4 absolute crackers on each one.
True this. Even their latest stuff has the odd great song.
As a complete album I'd rate Us and us only as their best, I really think they got it right on every track on that album.

True this. Even their latest stuff has the odd great song.
As a complete album I'd rate Us and us only as their best, I really think they got it right on every track on that album.
yeah I may have to re-think my first post, :lol: yourself and @Arkle reminding me how good some of their others are.

A
I'd probably agree with that other than their debut, which is excellent.

Ash are another similar band. Great singles, albums never really worked. One a slightly different tack, I'd also say Duran Duran.
Ash's singles collection is tremendous. Girl from Mars...

If you're into shite groups, then it could be the way.

Uninquisitive, paint by numbers proposition and cop out, even the suggestion; mostly tho.
You want to delve in and see what you like.
The Beatles.
Did some cracking songs, but spread over a long period of time and a fair few albums, with a lot of poor/weird stuff mixed in with the classics. Greatest Hits works perfectly for me. I can listen to the singalong stuff in the car without skipping too many tracks or changing CD every few songs. Not saying all their other album stuff is crap, its just not for me.

What annoys me is when bands release Greatest Hits albums when they've only really had a few half decent songs.
Christ, it's worst example mate. :)

You not long for new discoveries.

Worse than putting forth other heavyweights Depeche, Rolling Bones.

You miss out on all sort of stuff: Fool On The Hill, I Will, Mother Natures Son, For No One, Piggies, I Want To Tell You, Because, Fixing A Hole, If I Needed Someone.

I don't listen-listen to them much now, but that said I've just written three McCartney corkers in the last two months: in F; C; D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back