Best laptop on a budget of <£1500?

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you are looking at the Dell gaming stuff go for the alienware or XPS

Alienware was stupidly priced, but now its cheaper then building your own if you are smart.

Currently the new stuff has £100 or £150 cash back, combinded with the Uni days 10% code, you can get a decent 1070 set up for around £800.

Both Outlet and new dell alienware include onsite tech support for the first year.

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/deals/gaming-system-deals?c=uk&l=en&ref=CHP_WhatsNew5_GamingDeals-UK&s=dhs

After discounts these are canny systems, and a bigger saving if you catch them on the outlet.

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/alienware-aurora-r5-desktop/pd?ref=PD_OC

http://outlet.euro.dell.com/Online/...U4bH0S7LRcF3NP036KW6fZ00sqosioZliSbOVRy3zdpZT

XPS 8910
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-6700 Processor (4 Core,up to 4.0GHz,8MB Cache, 65W)
Windows 10 Home (64bit)
16GB (1x16GB) 2133MHz DDR4 N-ECC
2 TB 3.5inch SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
256GB PCIe Solid State Drive
8X DVD+/- RW Drive
8GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Graphics Memory
XPS 8910 EPA Chassis (460W)
Software
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 802.11ac, 1x1, 2.4 & 5GHz + Bluetooth 4.0
Dell USB Optical Mouse - Black
Heatsink
Power Cord : 250V
Dell 105 Key USB Keyboard Black

£825

Last edited:
If you are looking at the Dell gaming stuff go for the alienware or XPS

Alienware was stupidly priced, but now its cheaper then building your own if you are smart.

Currently the new stuff has £100 or £150 cash back, combinded with the Uni days 10% code, you can get a decent 1070 set up for around £800.

Both Outlet and new dell alienware include onsite tech support for the first year.

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/deals/gaming-system-deals?c=uk&l=en&ref=CHP_WhatsNew5_GamingDeals-UK&s=dhs

After discounts these are canny systems, and a bigger saving if you catch them on the outlet.

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/alienware-aurora-r5-desktop/pd?ref=PD_OC

http://outlet.euro.dell.com/Online/SecondaryInventorySearch.aspx?c=uk&cs=ukdfh1&l=en&s=dfh&sign=PXhcOSHtr1T4IOw/PR7UdY755rPKB2+vSOtwzfsBEAk3Tz/LQOkYFJIGmzZFk5YcaFfVT4mbgc4mQjaiZZ+Z2O6V5qTEtAf8xIPl5r/QmtoH3PmS2kO1Uv0zOIHVXzkgYJlbeuGpTQRaCwZ0D8prJm27/1sCW4MS3YxhnhHdIP9C7DCMoclt6I0GVl1ZvaA4VGiXT5L2ZNK5eDLhE9kStETeZeCesNQNid/x9yCv4NR9ZB1QZrsU4bH0S7LRcF3NP036KW6fZ00sqosioZliSbOVRy3zdpZT

XPS 8910
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-6700 Processor (4 Core,up to 4.0GHz,8MB Cache, 65W)
Windows 10 Home (64bit)
16GB (1x16GB) 2133MHz DDR4 N-ECC
2 TB 3.5inch SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
256GB PCIe Solid State Drive
8X DVD+/- RW Drive
8GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Graphics Memory
XPS 8910 EPA Chassis (460W)
Software
Dell USB Optical Mouse - Black
Heatsink
Power Cord : 250V
Dell 105 Key USB Keyboard Black

£825

That looks like a cracking deal that like

Just noticed that price is not including VAT, it comes to £990 with it added on it annoys me when they display prices like that

It's still cheaper than you'll find elsewhere though probably

Also how did you navigate the Dell outlet store to find that? I'm clicking Outlet Home, Desktops/All In Ones, View All Outlet Home and that one isnt coming up? works if I click your link though

Just tried to load that link again and it's been bought it seems

Last edited:

Just noticed that price is not including VAT, it comes to £990 with it added on it annoys me when they display prices like that

It's still cheaper than you'll find elsewhere though probably

Also how did you navigate the Dell outlet store to find that? I'm clicking Outlet Home, Desktops/All In Ones, View All Outlet Home and that one isnt coming up? works if I click your link though

Yea, the Vat is a killed, however the good thing is the discount vouchers come off the inc Vat price.

I got the below for £1370 from the outlet, it seems like a good price.

AlienWare Aurora R5
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Processor (8MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.4 GHz)
BDRE Drive (Reads and Writes to Blu-Ray disks)
32 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz
2 TB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
Liquid Cooled Thermal Heatsink
Placemats
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 with 8GB GDDR5X
512 GB SATA Solid State Hard Drive
Windows 10 Home (64bit)
Onsite Warrenty

The outlet sells quickly, if they have something you like buy it, or it can and will go, its not yours still you check out and pay. As people used to grab them all using scripts etc and then order what they wanted later.

You can return anything up to 14 days after getting it delivered for free

Last edited:
Got the xps 15 9560 a couple of weeks ago.
I7 kaby lake,
1050 4gb graphics card,
32gb ram,
1tb ssd,
4k screen.

Second xps I've had and it's class, although I haven't played a game on it yet. One of the best laptops around at the moment according to the reviews I read before buying.

Got the xps 15 9560 a couple of weeks ago.
I7 kaby lake,
1050 4gb graphics card,
32gb ram,
1tb ssd,
4k screen.

Second xps I've had and it's class, although I haven't played a game on it yet. One of the best laptops around at the moment according to the reviews I read before buying.

I have the 2015 edition. Nice laptop. Much. Better than they were as some had bad coil wine.

I am not a lover of the 4K screen though. It's nice not to reflective for me. And not fond of the scaling.

I have the 2015 edition. Nice laptop. Much. Better than they were as some had bad coil wine.

I am not a lover of the 4K screen though. It's nice not to reflective for me. And not fond of the scaling.

That reminds me of a comment I read on notebook review forums when I was looking to buy mine.

Some poster wrote he could swear he hears coil whine when pressing his ear to keyboard :lol:

The version I have and newer are fine.

The previous generation was terrible. We had 5 that all done it to various degrees. It was torture. Fair play to dell they replaced them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back