Best in-ear earphones under £150

Status
Not open for further replies.

You should change your username to emptyvessel

£150 :lol::lol:

Imagine worrying about spending £150 on something man. Fuck me some people have utterly shit lives. :lol:

Had these for ages. Taken some pounding too and still working perfectly.

Anker Bluetooth Headphones, SoundBuds Slim Lightweight Wireless Headphones, IPX5 Sweatproof Sports Headphones with Mic and 7 Hrs Play Time for Running, Cycling, Gym, Travelling and More https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N6DC2ZE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_tkqeCbGHBEMS8

My current ones have died because I use them for everyday use but also for running, and they're not meant to get wet.

I might get myself some for running and others for listening to music. Ta.

Imagine worrying about spending £150 on something man. Fuck me some people have utterly shit lives. :lol:

My current ones have died because I use them for everyday use but also for running, and they're not meant to get wet.

Mine get used every day for running and commuting. For the price you can't knock em

Imagine someone pretending to have £150 to spend on in ear headphones so they can start a thread on an internet forum, solely to boost their self esteem.

;)

Imagine someone pretending to have £150 to spend on in ear headphones so they can start a thread on an internet forum, solely to boost their self esteem.

;)

Fuck me if you actually think that you're even sadder than I thought. :oops:

I have these cant knock them, unless you want the 3's they are £150

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beats-Powe...1544622050&sr=1-6&keywords=beats+powerbeats+2

I'm not a fan of the ones that go up and around your ear. I thought Beats were meant to be all style over substance? The reviews there don't look too favourable.

I use these for running and they're very good, the wrap around the ear stops them ever falling out

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Headphones...435&sr=1-6&keywords=mpow+bluetooth+headphones

Fuck me if you actually think that you're even sadder than I thought. :oops:

I'm not a fan of the ones that go up and around your ear. I thought Beats were meant to be all style over substance? The reviews there don't look too favourable.
You don't even realise to be honest quite comfortable I only wear them to the gym like. Big stylish ones are a no go and you look like a tit. I don't have an complaints with mine.

I'm after something I can lie in bed with, on my side.
I guess in ear truly wireless would be best, as I could simply remove one bud?
Any thoughts?

I have RHA T20i for the exact same use, previously had Senn IE8, both wired but had only occasional issue with them getting tangled.

Imo, the profile of the bud is one of the most important considerations. You don't want something that protrudes from the ear when laying against the pillow.

Also, good detail and separation so you can listen at very low volume and still hear everything.

Both the above do those jobs really well although you're unlikely to find IE8s these days.

Waste of money spending more than £30 on in-ear ones.

:eek: Please explain

Last edited:
Reactions: PTR
I’ve always bought Sennheiser because they used to come with a three year warranty and you could have them replaced as many times as you wanted if they were damaged.

Any idea if they still do that? Or any other brand that does?

Failing that, what are the best ones in my price range? Had a look on a few tech sites but they’ve been US-based.

Can't remember hownmuch they were, but my wireless powerbeats are good

I forgot to mention they need to have an iPhone compatible remote control with mic.

The RHA T20i mentioned above fits your requirements, I think.

Stainless steel housing, 3 year warranty and sound quality better than in-ears costing £200 and more eg Shure 425.

They have dynamic drivers which produce a more natural sound than dual and triple driver armatures you usually find in this price range.

You can change the sound signature with one of three filters. They do make a difference and for many users, it's the sound signature they equate with quality eg too much or too little bass.

They are incredibly easy to drive and will sound just as good from your iPhone as a decent dap.

The negatives I'd give them are the relatively heavy cable design and the fact they aren't detachable.

But the fit is snug and comfy and RHA have a great reputation for customer service. So there's a good chance of getting a replacement if you rip the cable out when doing something a bit silly.

:eek: Please explain

Once you get much past £25 a pair, the increase in quality per pound spent becomes less noticeable. A well-chosen pair that costs £60 isn't anywhere near twice as good as a well-chosen pair that costs £30. The slight increase in quality just doesn't justify the price for in-ears.

Now over-ear headphones and speakers, totally different kettles of fish. :)

Once you get much past £25 a pair, the increase in quality per pound spent becomes less noticeable. A well-chosen pair that costs £60 isn't anywhere near twice as good as a well-chosen pair that costs £30. The slight increase in quality just doesn't justify the price for in-ears.

Now over-ear headphones and speakers, totally different kettles of fish. :)

That definitely was the case when bundled earphones were buds or really cheap in-ears. Investing £20-£30 would get something significantly better, a proper wow factor.

You're right, sound quality is not proportionate to price (neither are over-ears ime) but there are other factors that come with price such as build quality, better resolution and better sound stage.

Like most audio, some of the subtle but distinguishable qualities can get lost depending on listening environment. I only use cheap iems when out cycling or using the metro because of that.

I had some Sennheiser IE8s a few years back and absolutely loved them until the bastard dog ripped them to bits :cry:

Loved mine as well. Went through 3 pairs of cables before one of the drivers gave up the ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back