Best fish & chips you've had?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I ate them although expensive I loved them from the Right Plaice on Duke Street in Darlington. Maybe not best ever but very good bit pricey at £7.95 though

Seniors either at Lytham or Blackpool.
He has a really good supplier !! Really like how he still buys what’s abundant on the fresh market though. He really is a perfectionist and knows his stuff. As he’s on the other side of the Pennines though he loses a couple of points as it’s not beef dripping.

He has a really good supplier !! Really like how he still buys what’s abundant on the fresh market though. He really is a perfectionist and knows his stuff. As he’s on the other side of the Pennines though he loses a couple of points as it’s not beef dripping.
Aren't some family members fish merchants at Fleetwood?

Reactions: ozz
Coulson's in Carville was always perfect, but when he retired he sold it to an Indian lad and it went south overnight.

The Golden Hind in Marylebone Lane was the only chippy in London that I found even half way acceptable in 12 years of looking.
Coulsons was way up there. The son spent all the money on the gear and the horses and they sold. Tragic as it was certainly one of the best.

Just last year, in the cafe/chippy, in Jacky White's market.
Fried in beef dripping, I'd not tasted fish & chips as good, since the early 1970's, when it was the rule, rather than the exception, to fry fish & chips in beef dripping.
The bloke who's running the chippy, previously had the chippy at Ryhope, at the bottom of the bank, and the fish & chips there, were amazing.

No such thing as a good “ chipper “ in Scotland. Butterfly fillets cooked in fat which has pies, pizzas, haggis , white and red puddings cooked in it.

never been impressed with the scotch fish and chips. Now I know why. Thank you fish god.
Just last year, in the cafe/chippy, in Jacky White's market.
Fried in beef dripping, I'd not tasted fish & chips as good, since the early 1970's, when it was the rule, rather than the exception, to fry fish & chips in beef dripping.
The bloke who's running the chippy, previously had the chippy at Ryhope, at the bottom of the bank, and the fish & chips there, were amazing.

cheap as owt anarl. Totally agree on the quality like. Canny bacon sarnies etc

Last edited:
What's the best fish and chips you've had? Can be from anywhere, chippy obvious choice, restaraunt or even home made.

Had a absolutely unreal one the other day from The Hut in Silky, might not of been best ever but was certainly amongst the elite.

Nice crispy batter, plenty of fish inside, loads of chips, loads of salt & vinegar and batter, massive portion. Tremendous.

?

Grimsby -Haddock and Chips the best I have had.

Coulson's in Carville was always perfect, but when he retired he sold it to an Indian lad and it went south overnight.

The Golden Hind in Marylebone Lane was the only chippy in London that I found even half way acceptable in 12 years of looking.
This is different class

Coulsons was way up there. The son spent all the money on the gear and the horses and they sold. Tragic as it was certainly one of the best.
I didn't know that. That's an awful shame, I always liked Michael and Liz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back