Best city , Leeds or Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTID

Midfield
Never been able to decide, always thought it was a bit nip and tuck, with little between the two , but having visited Leeds for first time since late 90s, I have to say I now think Leeds is far better than Newcastle , in terms of pubs, restaurants and shops.

I have to say I now think Leeds is far better than Newcastle , in terms of pubs, restaurants and shops.
Leeds is far more affluent than the north east, which is reflected in the shops... restaurants i can't comment on, but from personal experience i've thought newcastle the better in terms of pubs (Liverpool being the closest in my experience).

I do have a massive soft spot for Leeds after spending three years at University there so I can’t give an unbiased opinion.

I’ve lived in Newcastle for 2 years now and don’t have the same soft spot. But that may be because working just isn’t as fun as University :lol:

Out of UK cities that aren’t London I like Manchester the best, got to say.

Both great cities. And more should be made of them. As should Sunderland, Durham, York, Sheffield, Liverpool, Manchester et al.

Both great cities. And more should be made of them. As should Sunderland, Durham, York, Sheffield, Liverpool, Manchester et al.

Spot the odd one out.

Newcastle

Leeds folk seem to be up their own arses

For some reason Leeds was the promised land for anyone my age who desperately wanted to move away for uni but didn’t really want to go have to go very far and wanted to come home every weekend to go to Ku Club and tell everyone that they now live in Leeds.

Everyone I’ve ever met from Leeds has been a complete helmet.

Last edited:
Much of a muchness. They both about have the same amount of decent restaurants and pubs. Shops are about the same as well. Very similar cities. Suppose looks wise Newcastle has Grey St and the quayside looking up the bridges and stuff. I’d say on that final thing Newcastle just shades it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back