Best city , Leeds or Newcastle

A choice between Newcastle and Leeds and you've chosen Manchester. Bet you're great at multiple choice exams :lol:

The Quayside is great in that it's a lovely stroll into Ouseburn.

Best drinking area in the centre of Newcastle these days is around/close to the station (not the shite Geordie Shore strip part mind). Split Chimp, Box Social, Telegraph, Head of Steam, Forth and the Jazz place (is it still open?).

I stand by my choice

Much prefer Newcastle, I’ve worked around Leeds a bit which I think gives a different perspective to a place because you aren’t just seeing the nice bits.
I also think Leeds has an over inflated opinion of itself and that it feels as though it maybe has something to live up to whereas Newcastle just gets on with it.

I started working in Newcastle after going to university in Sunderland.

Lived and opened up businesses across the M62 (Hull, Leeds, Manchester and Liverpool)

As soon as we decided to have kids we moved back to Newcastle.

Much prefer Newcastle, I’ve worked around Leeds a bit which I think gives a different perspective to a place because you aren’t just seeing the nice bits.
I also think Leeds has an over inflated opinion of itself and that it feels as though it maybe has something to live up to whereas Newcastle just gets on with it.
Not all the sad sacks get on with it, I’ve heard Newcastle bigged up loads of times by quite a lot of folk, not necessarily from Newcastle either. I prefer Leeds anyway.

Yes it is mate. Yeah Horsforth is a nice little place. Headingley used to be a good day out on the drink anarl.

I've lived in Horsforth for 5 years now, and it's great. Really good access to the city centre, and enough places to drink, eat and walk the dog up here to not need it.

Leeds, but the areas outside city centre are better than the centre itself IMO. I live here now.

Was a student in Newcastle and it was decent.

Manchester and Liverpool better than both of them.

I concur
Been a couple of times and get the feeling it's trying too hard
Look st me look at me
Some nice buildings and shopping arcades but doesn't have the setting of Newcastle or history
The area over the river from where Tetley brewer was is really run down

Got a proper lunch and dinner menu now as well. Used to like the old place but never felt like I’d had a proper meal. Food here is very different. What with that and Kaltur in town there’s a smashing few restaurants about now.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Trakol gets a Michelin Star in the next list and also Hjem in Hexham.

Off to Trakol at the weekend and booked a night over to have another crack at Hjem. Hope it's as good as last time (should be cos I can get proper stuck into the wine too this time).

Back