Best case scenario

Genuine question. When you accept that O’Nien is already an older player do you really mean that or is your reply just a sarcastic jibe at those that now want to ditch the model?
It wasn’t me that posted it but i think he/she is spot on. Though Lukey Boy should be in midfield not centre half.

On field where we’ve come from since this regime took over makes it look like they know what they’re doing more often than not. Which I suspect is behind their recent run of fuck ups. They think they’re better than they are. I hope there’s some sort of plan behind what seems like doubling down on their perceived mistakes. IE no striker, def mid, experienced centre half.

An experienced spine to the playing squad. Speakman getting replaced with a fella who's been around football, who also looks at the present and not just the future of the club.

Some retail/marketing experts to give those departments of the club a compete overhaul and George Clark in to sort the stadium infrastructure out.

I don’t think giving any manager ‘free rein on spending’ would be the best case scenario.

We tried that under Short, remember?

The past three windows have failed in terms of recruitment but I’ve got no problem with the basic approach of buying young and sensible. The approach just needs a degree of football realism to recognise that we will not get promoted without the core of the team (centre forward, centre mid) having at least extensive Championship level experience.
There is a huge difference between betting the house on journeymen and investing in established players.

It wasn’t me that posted it but i think he/she is spot on. Though Lukey Boy should be in midfield not centre half.

On field where we’ve come from since this regime took over makes it look like they know what they’re doing more often than not. Which I suspect is behind their recent run of fuck ups. They think they’re better than they are. I hope there’s some sort of plan behind what seems like doubling down on their perceived mistakes. IE no striker, def mid, experienced centre half.
Therein lies the problem in my view. You could understand them not bringing in a striker in January 2023. Last summer set alarm bells ringing and failure to address it last month was just unbelievable.

It seems to me that whoever makes the decisions is determined, even against overwhelming evidence to the contrary, to stick rigidly to their policy on recruitment.

It just seems such a strange hill to die on when just a reasonable adjustment would be so beneficial.

An experienced spine to the playing squad. Speakman getting replaced with a fella who's been around football, who also looks at the present and not just the future of the club.

Some retail/marketing experts to give those departments of the club a compete overhaul and George Clark in to sort the stadium infrastructure out.
I’m genuinely struggling to think which of those 4 suggestions would be the most likely to happen.

Back