Best case scenario

Going into next season what is the best case scenario for most fans?

Cooper as manager with free rein on transfers with money to spend from sales and Speakman gone?
NUFC graffiti painted over
Toilets working
Not having to spend hours trying to contact the ticket office
A striker
A manager
Some experienced players

That should be the minimum tbh

Best case would be the above but also with a plan to get us at least into the play offs.

Someone like Cooper under the current policy would be just fine, with some obvious tweaks, up front the glaring one.

The ownership group back their words up and sort out the mess the club is away from the playing stuff.
I think Steve Cooper will be at Burnley next season.

I don’t think giving any manager ‘free rein on spending’ would be the best case scenario.

We tried that under Short, remember?

The past three windows have failed in terms of recruitment but I’ve got no problem with the basic approach of buying young and sensible. The approach just needs a degree of football realism to recognise that we will not get promoted without the core of the team (centre forward, centre mid) having at least extensive Championship level experience.

BEST case scenario going into next season?

Sunderland to be in the Premier League and for EUFA to decide that due to our recent history we deserve an honourable position in the Champion's League final.
For the council to waive all fees related to Sunderland stadiums and grant us half a billion to build a new state of the art 200,000 seater stadium that is the envy of the world.
For SAFC to get a £10bn per year, 100 year sponsorship deal from a conglomerate of the world's best known charity organisations.
For every Sunderland fan to be given a 1000000000% pay rise.
KLD to find a cure for cancer and declare the treatment to be free for everyone in the world.
KLD to buy Fox then fund 20 more seasons of Firefly.

I could go on for a very long time... :D

Do not throw money at here today gone tomorrow managers, stick with our sporting director/director of football policy.

Hire a couple of experienced tactical coaches to augment our development lads.

Speakman sacked.
An apology for appointing Beale.
Stadium sorted.
Ticket office and club shop on par with comparable clubs.
A manager with recent promotions from this division appointed with his own backroom staff.
Two proven strikers.
Another apology for appointing Beale.
Bin the model.

The difference in quality has been noted several times between the early Speakman signings and those brought in over the last three windows, but the other thing that's changed is the make-up of the squad overall.

I've just looked back to the start of last season, where Clarke was a new permanent signing after a somewhat mixed loan period, we'd signed Ballard and Alese, and had Simms and Amad on loan (Amad didn't get on the pitch until the 9th game, and only started one of the first 16 games). Huggins was injured (of course), and Michut, Ba and Bennette were our "project" players who had to wait their turn. Cirkin and Neil were starting to come good and were playing fairly regularly.

But the main thing is the squad also had the experience of Gooch, Batth, Evans, Pritchard, Stewart, Wright, O'Nien and Embleton (not really a youngster by that time). That gave the younger players a chance to learn and develop without being expected to lead the show. Now our experience is reduced to O'Nien and Roberts (though it is debatable whether he is a leader), with Ballard, Neil, Clarke and Hume in support.

It's a bit like those young lieutenants in WW1 who had just stepped out of uni into war. They (and their men, sorry, people!) only survived if they had a good experienced sargeant-major alongside them! We don't have those sargeant-majors anymore! :(

BEST case scenario going into next season?

Sunderland to be in the Premier League and for EUFA to decide that due to our recent history we deserve an honourable position in the Champion's League final.
For the council to waive all fees related to Sunderland stadiums and grant us half a billion to build a new state of the art 200,000 seater stadium that is the envy of the world.
For SAFC to get a £10bn per year, 100 year sponsorship deal from a conglomerate of the world's best known charity organisations.
For every Sunderland fan to be given a 1000000000% pay rise.
KLD to find a cure for cancer and declare the treatment to be free for everyone in the world.
KLD to buy Fox then fund 20 more seasons of Firefly.

I could go on for a very long time... :D
I was thinking of going down this route with a response, but I’m not competing with that 😂

Back