Best Ashes Series

NorthCountryBoy

Striker
Staff member
Bar 2005 and 10/11.

This one could be up there for me, especially if we scrape a draw on Sunday. Each game has been nip and tuck deep into it (Edgbaston they only stretched ahead late on) and Headingley was a classic.

My memory of the last few series' has been thrashings on either side, bar a great Trent Bridge test in 2013.

Bar 2005 and 10/11.

This one could be up there for me, especially if we scrape a draw on Sunday. Each game has been nip and tuck deep into it (Edgbaston they only stretched ahead late on) and Headingley was a classic.

My memory of the last few series' has been thrashings on either side, bar a great Trent Bridge test in 2013.
We've been miles behind Australia in this series. Only a freak occurrence means it isn't already 2-0

2010/11 was the best in terms of dominance (although 2013 was good too)

I'm going for 1993- present date (exc 2005). The Aussies thrashed us pre-05 and the ones we've won after that have been full of one sided games.

This one the most compelling since for me.
2009 - the best team lost. They scored more runs than us, took more wickets (or took wickets at a lower average) and still conspired to lose

Other than Stokes last test, we've been shit. Poor selection and performance.
Aye if only they had used that ‘no brainer’ selection and picked a pitch it up 78mph bowler Curran on a pitch blatantly suitable for tall back of a length pace bowlers it would have made all the difference. I don’t think your choices would have been any more wise than the selectors but we will never know

Back