Best Aftershaves

Where do you get your samples from?
I get them from various sites on the internet.

Type in 'aftershave samples' and compare prices on the different sites.

I used to buy the cheaper copycat aftershaves, just for everyday use, though nowadays I'd rather pay a bit extra for the genuine article.
Go easy. Very cloying if oversprayed. Might wear it tomorrow actually, seems like a while since I've wore it.
I wore the Terre d'Hermes a couple of times since Christmas, and though no rampant women have yet ripped my clobber off and had their wicked way with me, it has grown on me, and I've started to like the scent of the aftershave.
I'll use up the 10ml sample and will invest in a 100ml bottle of the stuff.

Last edited:
Nearly bought Tom Ford Beau de Jour today in Fenwicks after smelling it for the first time. Its class. Instantly reminded me of getting my hair cut in that barbers above Aston and Tucci. Can't remember name. It has that classic barber shop smell. Really clean and refreshing. One fir spring and holidays.

Nearly bought Tom Ford Beau de Jour today in Fenwicks after smelling it for the first time. Its class. Instantly reminded me of getting my hair cut in that barbers above Aston and Tucci. Can't remember name. It has that classic barber shop smell. Really clean and refreshing. One fir spring and holidays.
I love the barbershop type of soapy scented aftershaves.
The Acqua Di Parma Colonia Essenza is one of my favourites, and I use it sparingly.

I love the barbershop type of soapy scented aftershaves.
The Acqua Di Parma Colonia Essenza is one of my favourites, and I use it sparingly.
The closest I have to anything like that is one my ex bought me from a place just off Jermyn Street in London, called Classic Cologne by D.R Harris. Has notes of citrus, bergamot and neroli. Overall it’s a really good traditional masculine fragrance.

It’s really nice.

Salon 70? I used to go there n’all

The closest I have to anything like that is one my ex bought me from a place just off Jermyn Street in London, called Classic Cologne by D.R Harris. Has notes of citrus, bergamot and neroli. Overall it’s a really good traditional masculine fragrance.

It’s really nice.
It seems like something I'd like. 👍

You might want to give the Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (EDP) a try.
Maybe a small 5 to 10ml sample to start with, just to see if you like it.
You only need a little and it lasts for many hours.

Oh definitely, kind of reminds me of how I got pelters earlier in the thread because Dior Homme just doesn’t do a lot for me, but I do quite like the flanker Sport version. Tastes evolve over time. It’s very subjective.

On the subject of Guerlain though, I quite like their Vetiver too. Not as much as the TF, but it’s definitely a good, more economical option.

I prefer the fizziness of the TF, though it's quite possibly the next bottle I finish. My backup to this is Roja Vetiver, bought it ages ago in a sale and it's almost the same as the TF, despite being, at full price, ridiculously more expensive.

It seems like something I'd like. 👍

You might want to give the Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (EDP) a try.
Maybe a small 5 to 10ml sample.
You only need a little and it lasts for many hours.
Yeah. I’m going to check it out!

Was just looking it up, and “woody and citrus” is definitely the kind of thing I tend to go for. Will probably have a dodge to Fenwicks to get out of the office at some point over the next couple of days. :)

Yeah. I’m going to check it out!

Was just looking it up, and “woody and citrus” is definitely the kind of thing I tend to go for. Will probably have a dodge to Fenwicks to get out of the office at some point over the next couple of days. :)
Perhaps a stockist (possibly Boots ?) might have it in, so you could try a bit from a tester bottle.

I prefer the fizziness of the TF, though it's quite possibly the next bottle I finish. My backup to this is Roja Vetiver, bought it ages ago in a sale and it's almost the same as the TF, despite being, at full price, ridiculously more expensive.
Just looked it up. I’m intrigued!
Perhaps a stockist (possibly Boots ?) might have it in, so you could try a bit from a tester bottle.
Good shout! Will have to let you know what I think of it.

Last edited:

Salon 70?

As a big TF fan I love BDJ. If you get it,go easy, it's another that is easy to overspray and ruin.

Maison Francis Kurkdjian Pluriel is in a similar vein and also in Fenwicks. Try it and let me know what you think. Also suggest Maison Margiela At The Barbers but don't currently own that.

I get them from various sites on the internet.

Type in 'aftershave samples' and compare prices on the different sites.

I used to buy the cheaper copycat aftershaves, just for everyday use, though nowadays I'd rather pay a bit extra for the genuine article.

I wore the Terre d'Hermes a couple of times since Christmas, and though no rampant women have yet ripped my clobber off and had their wicked way with me, it has grown on me, and I've started to like the scent of the aftershave.
I'll use up the 10ml sample and will invest in a 100ml bottle of the stuff.
Mate if theres owt ever on duty free yer after i work in airports constantly now.

Back to graft in one tomorrow ffs 😭

Salon 70?

As a big TF fan I love BDJ. If you get it,go easy, it's another that is easy to overspray and ruin.

Maison Francis Kurkdjian Pluriel is in a similar vein and also in Fenwicks. Try it and let me know what you think. Also suggest Maison Margiela At The Barbers but don't currently own that.
Put it on a tester card at about 11 o'clock and I can still smell it on the coffee table now. Its topper. Can barely smell the TF Costa Azurra at all now right under my nose.

Back