Best Aftershaves

Got a bottle of Eau Savauge Parfum for Christmas, and I’m actually struck by the similarity to Habit Rouge EDT. It’s very different to the citrusy and bergamot EDT version I regularly. Much spicier.

Suffice to say, I’m a big fan of the parfum version (and Habit Rouge as I’ve previously said). Currently my favourites.

Can you remember the name of the two blokes who worked in there? The dark haired one as always around town on a Friday
One called Scott?
Current collection...
Tom ford ombre leather
Tom ford grey vetiver
Tom ford noir extreme
Armani aqua di gio parfam
Dior homme extreme
Armaf club du nuit intense
Jean paul gaultier le male parfum(on now)
Issey miyake nuit dissey

Want Tom ford beau dejoir and thats my lot haha

Last edited:
Can you remember the name of the two blokes who worked in there? The dark haired one as always around town on a Friday
There was Michael, Bobby, Scott and years ago a bloke called Laurence? Dark haired one will be Bobby who thought he was George Michael, unbuttoned shirt and all year suntan. Topper bloke actually.

I've tried the Habit Rouge, and found it to be far too floral & feminine for me (imho, it smells of rose petals and has a scent like my elderly mam's Bvlgari por Femme)

I tried a sample of Habit Rouge Prive, today, and much prefer it to the Habit Rouge.
It's a much more masculine cologne and has a citrus/fresh start, before drying to a woody finish, and is quite long lasting.

Bentley Absolute is almost identical. It's apparently the original formulation before Tom Ford added some subtleties to it. I've got both and the only way you can tell the difference is side by side.
Bought a bottle of this, nowt like the old pour homme for me but it is a nice smell mind.
Top tip mate ………. Cheers

I've tried the Habit Rouge, and found it to be far too floral & feminine for me (imho, it smells of rose petals and has a scent like my elderly mam's Bvlgari por Femme)

I tried a sample of Habit Rouge Prive, today, and much prefer it to the Habit Rouge.
It's a much more masculine cologne and has a citrus/fresh start, before drying to a woody finish, and is quite long lasting.

Do you know which one you tried?

With the EDT, I don’t get any floral notes at all. It’s very woody and spicy. As I said, I find it very similar to Eau Savauge parfum (which if anything has more of a bitterness than the citrusy EDT version).

Picks of the week:

Vetiver - Floris. Not actually available online yet from what I can see. It’s a reissue of their classic Vetiver fragrance from the fifties/sixties which was apparently the preferred fragrance of Laurence Olivier. The man obviously had taste, as it’s astonishingly good. Olivier was also apparently a massive lads fan.

Antaeus - Chanel. If I had to write a review, I would say that this one is the epitome of raw masculinity. There is nothing feminine about this.

The nose instinctively searches for a hint of floral femininity, but it never arrives.

If Guerlain Habit Rouge embodies the poetic essence of man. Antaeus is the raw strength of man.

Back