Best 3 bands to emerge from England

Probably not as popular as others mentioned here but I'd give a shout for
Fairport Convention
In terms of 'Englishness,
Jethro Tull and the Kinks

And how many of the 46 on the list are English (excluding The Beatles & The Stones as outlined by the OP),

In the UK ,Queen have more weeks on the album chart than any other act, the biggest selling album ( by miles) ever, and the biggest selling single by a group.

Even if the are not everyone's cup of tea, to suggest they are not in the debate for the top 3 is frankly laughable.
Nobody said they weren't in the debate. You're lmaking stuff up. Fantasy. They are nowhere near my top 3. Pip reckons anyone who excludes them from their top 3 is a prat. Literally nobody suggested they weren't in the debate.

Of course they're in the debate. Loads of people have them in their top 3. And they're up there with rhianna and britney spears in terms of record sales.

Nobody said they weren't in the debate. You're lmaking stuff up. Fantasy. They are nowhere near my top 3. Pip reckons anyone who excludes them from their top 3 is a prat. Literally nobody suggested they weren't in the debate.

Of course they're in the debate. Loads of people have them in their top 3. And they're up there with rhianna and britney spears in terms of record sales.

Whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion , you keep quoting stats to "prove" your argument . In return I have quoted genuine facts which you claim are fantasy ......

Regardless, if you want to widen the argument to not just the US or UK ,as some other poster has suggested - worldwide , then I think you will find Queen right up there . Again ,this is not fantasy but fact.

Whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion , you keep quoting stats to "prove" your argument . In return I have quoted genuine facts which you claim are fantasy ......

Regardless, if you want to widen the argument to not just the US or UK ,as some other poster has suggested - worldwide , then I think you will find Queen right up there . Again ,this is not fantasy but fact.
Not in my top 3. Nowhere near. Rhianna and Britney Spears aren't either.

1. Beatles
2. Stones
3. Led Zepellin

Solo Artist; Bowie

1. Zep
2. Cream
3. Bowie & The Spiders from Mars

Sorry, missed the bit about Beatles & Stones.

Last edited:

Back