Best 1-2 album opening track salvo

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: :lol:
If I'd violently removed my left big toe that time I got gout, I'd have amputated more knowledge of music in it's many forms than you've ever accidentally accumulated in your tin eared, wasted years upon this planet.

Brilliant.

Mrs. Boots agrees.
Dear Muggins, I very much doubt it. I make this assertion in the knowledge that I know feck all about you or your music tastes but I have every faith in my own musical choices.

My dear @muggboots have you offered a choice on this thread btw ?

Last edited:

Well that's your prerogative my tone deaf friend.
Well I became interested in music in the 60's. My grandparents were talented musicians, playing piano, violin and sax. My grandfather had a dance band so I was brought up with music everywhere.
My children are talented musicians, playing guitar and piano. They are adults now mind. Music is and always has been in our lives. I know you are taking the pish but the music I choose to listen to is quality, I know that and your comments won't change that but tell me, what do you listen to ?

:lol:
Fuck me. Look, I saw the Elton John thing and hesitated. He was tremendous in the early 70s. That album has some belters. Candle in the bastard wind isn't one of them.
Yeah I agree there mugboots but it is the second track iirc. Lot better tracks on it, another one of my favourite albums

Well I became interested in music in the 60's. My grandparents were talented musicians, playing piano, violin and sax. My grandfather had a dance band so I was brought up with music everywhere.
My children are talented musicians, playing guitar and piano. They are adults now mind. Music is and always has been in our lives. I know you are taking the pish but the music I choose to listen to is quality, I know that and your comments won't change that but tell me, what do you listen to ?
I like and listen to anything. I was taught violin and how to read music as a bairn. I was bombarded with classical music from being a baby and could identify the composer from the first few seconds of most performances. Most of my family are highly talented musicians and a few of them are in quite popular local bands. Most of my friends are musically proficient with more than a smattering quite influential and mildly famous. :lol:
I can't believe I've just written that to justify the fact that Tears for Fears aren't as good as David Bowie. :lol:

Yeah I agree there mugboots but it is the second track iirc. Lot better tracks on it, another one of my favourite albums
Aye, but it is about the first 2 songs. :lol:
I f***ing hate that one.

I like and listen to anything. I was taught violin and how to read music as a bairn. I was bombarded with classical music from being a baby and could identify the composer from the first few seconds of most performances. Most of my family are highly talented musicians and a few of them are in quite popular local bands. Most of my friends are musically proficient with more than a smattering quite influential and mildly famous. :lol:
I can't believe I've just written that to justify the fact that Tears for Fears aren't as good as David Bowie. :lol:

Aye, but it is about the first 2 songs. :lol:
I f***ing hate that one.
Well thanks for that reply. I don't see where you are comparing TFF to Bowie. If you have the time listen to TFF and Roland Orzabal. I'll withdraw now and suggest a draw, what do you think ?

Must apologise. I was listening to Chic before they released their first album, which I bought
You're forgiven. It may be my 80s phobic thing. I was there and from 85ish to 89ish loads of musical mush was released. Over produced musical wanking, 3 or 4 key changes and endless repetition to fade.

Well thanks for that reply. I don't see where you are comparing TFF to Bowie. If you have the time listen to TFF and Roland Orzabal. I'll withdraw now and suggest a draw, what do you think ?
No bother. At least you like music, I've met a couple of people in my life who didn't. Can you imagine that? :lol:

By the way, I was at school when the TFF albums were released. I had them.

Last edited:
You're forgiven. It may be my 80s phobic thing. I was there and from 85ish to 89ish loads of musical mush was released. Over produced musical wanking, 3 or 4 key changes and endless repetition to fade.[
Thank God you forgave me. So simple music yet you like Chic ?

You're forgiven. It may be my 80s phobic thing. I was there and from 85ish to 89ish loads of musical mush was released. Over produced musical wanking, 3 or 4 key changes and endless repetition to fade.

No bother. At least you like music, I've met a couple of people in my life who didn't. Can you imagine that? :lol:

By the way, I was at school when the TFF albums were released. I had them.
They're on at the Albert Hall next Friday. Sold out in two minutes. Tkt agencies bought the lot. £34 tkts for sale for £220 ten minutes after sell out announced. Disgraceful.

Logon or register to see this image

The seventies seminal classic
Hotel California
New Kid in Town
That's a great choice.

They're on at the Albert Hall next Friday. Sold out in two minutes. Tkt agencies bought the lot. £34 tkts for sale for £220 ten minutes after sell out announced. Disgraceful.

That's a great choice.
Hopefully TFF will tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back