Berlin in a couple of weeks

tiergarten, museum island, berlin dome, sausage, brandenburg gate, wall, reichstag, terror of topography museum, if you're brave enough hire a trabant. Avoid checkpoint charlie as its shite.

there's also a belter art gallery but I can't remember what its called

Last edited:
Don’t underestimate how cold it will be !
There are some great general walking tours that will take you round main things to see .
The Topography of terror museum is very interesting and very sad
The huge TV tower is a good visit especially if you get a clear day
You can book fre tickets to visit the Reichstag building

Been loads, I love it but seems to get a mixed reception on here. Dunya for kebabs, discovered this a few months ago.

Worth doing a search for old threads on here.

Checkpoint Charlie, The Reichstag, The Victory Column, Olympic Stadium (Hertha Berlin's ground)
I'd say Sachsenhausen too but I'm not sure how far away that is. Worth a visit.

Oh the bit where all the kaisers palaces. Sainssouci I'm reliably informed by Google. Also the nuclear bunker was interesting. Get a berlin welcome card too, you get loads of discounts with them.

If your around Alexanderplatz and the Rathaus on an evening we had a nice Italian here
Ristorante Piazza Rossa
+49 30 6122429

Ristorante Piazza Rossa - Google Search

Also try a free walking tour. You pay what you feel it is worth at the end. Most start from the Rathaus as well. Highly recommend to get acquainted with the layout of the city. The bus if you don’t do walking.

Last edited by a moderator:
We walked from the central train station to East Side Gallery and got plenty of sights in along the way. Our lass was proper hangry by the time we got there though.

Once we'd look at the East Side Gallery there was a nice little bar on the other side of the river. We crossed the bridge and had a couple of drinks there where it was a bit quieter. Saw it on a TV show a few months later in events that were very exciting only to us.

There seemed to be a few more bars and restaurants on that south side of the river too.

Back