Berlin, Barcelona or Amsterdam?

Out of the three , I'd go for Berlin even though I've not been.

Barcelona, once you've got the Gaudi stuff and the football ground out of the way is vastly overrated IMO.
Amsterdam, been and it's a bit meh.

Try Poland instead, if Ponteland is your departure airport there are some cracking flight deals.

Indeed.

Barcelona are away but it's a local derby with Girona, so might just be possible.

Ajax are away.

And Hertha are playing Schalke, which sounds class.

It's a small country and train travel is easy (set price so can book on the day) so all 18 clubs are possible.

I'd chose Berlin though, full of history and Olympiastadion is fantastic.

Out of the three , I'd go for Berlin even though I've not been.

Barcelona, once you've got the Gaudi stuff and the football ground out of the way is vastly overrated IMO.
Amsterdam, been and it's a bit meh.

Try Poland instead, if Ponteland is your departure airport there are some cracking flight deals.

Without sounding a fanny I certainly wouldnt fancy barca ‘alone’.
Been half a dozen times, imo the polis could easily half the crime there if they could be arsed.

Barcelona is a very overrated destination imo.

For a short weekend I’d say Amsterdam as pretty much everything is in walking distance, Berlin is much more spaced out. You’d have a decent time in both so I wouldn’t overthink it. You can fly to Paris from Newcastle also. Pricey digs and drinks however.

Barcelona is a very overrated destination imo.

For a short weekend I’d say Amsterdam as pretty much everything is in walking distance, Berlin is much more spaced out. You’d have a decent time in both so I wouldn’t overthink it. You can fly to Paris from Newcastle also. Pricey digs and drinks however.

Mate was going off it in Berlin.

Cos of hangovers, wanting to walk n avoid metros we hiked in n out all 3 days, covered about 24 mile:lol:

Berlin or Amsterdam, I like them both. Though if not there for long go Amsterdam as more easily to wander about than Berlin. Last time in Berlin think I clocked up 50k steps a day for 4 days from mooching to things. Shouldve used S and U bahns when I think about it.

Without any idea of your likes / dislikes, I'd do Amsterdam based on the fact its more compact than the other two, the people are friendly and its a great place to people watch.

Without any idea of your likes / dislikes, I'd do Amsterdam based on the fact its more compact than the other two, the people are friendly and its a great place to people watch.
All that applies to Berlin tooi - with the added bonus of German Beer & not Dutch Lager...

You'll have a great time at any of those.

I'm biased of course but Amsterdam, it's brilliant to just walk or cycle about in and get lost. Great fun. Berlin, you probably need to know where you're going more as it's very sprawling, Barcelona is quite similar too in that respect.

Berlin will be f***ing freezing though in January, keep that in mind. f***ing freezing.

Back