Benitez Future In Doubt Over Failure to Secure Key Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

There's a lot of people that post on here. Can you find a single individual that changed their opinion on him upon the completion of his signing for you?

I see plenty of Sunderland fans on here bend over backwards to praise every signing your lot make (an extension to their own self loathing I suspect). I remember thinking that Cabella in particular must be an absolute world beater (something I must have missed all the times I'd watched him) from the reaction on here when you got him. There's plenty of other examples too.

I can't stand this new tact from your lot on here of crying on and feeling hard done by because you don't get impartiality and balanced assessment on all things Newcastle. Why would you expect that? Of course there's going to be bias and partisanship on here. I wouldn't expect it on a popular Newcastle board (the SMB for example) for assessments of Sunderland. It's @The Fish's lead you've all followed, so I blame him. I actually think he's a good (if not a little impartial himself ironically) poster when he sticks to talking about football rather than bemoaning the Sunderland fans on here.

It's not really the differing opinions or the jokes though. It's the few who appear whenever a Newcastle fan appears and do all in their power to derail a conversation.

You and I have had conversations taking on board the other's opinion, not agreeing with it and arguing our case. Done with jokes at the expense at the other's team or whatever. There are some who're not interested in that at all, which is fine, but then go on to act the swearword.

Oh and Banks changed his opinion on Ritchie pretty sharpish.

Last edited:
Remember that Matt Ritchie thread how everybody's saying the deluded mags think they're actually gonna sign Ritchie, people saying he was too good for Newcastle etc. ? Once he signed he was just a Bournemouth reject, must be crap if lowly Bournemouth didn't want him.

Edit. Here it is. https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/matt-ritchie.1245021/
We do that with our own signings, it's not an unusual occurrence.

The scum still nibbling away.

Signing Manquillo will be their greatest signing so far I'm sure of that.
Nearly a full page of mag on mag action just there. They're not bothered though.

can see him walking
Only if the money and autonomy he was promised doesn't materialise.

He's playing the media well, imo. Ashley must know he'll struggle to attract a better caliber manager to Newcastle as we are now. So keeping pressure on him through the papers to spend the money is just good sense.

If he does leave it'll cost Ashley a lot more money than a summer transfer window, that's for sure.

He's playing the media well, imo. Ashley must know he'll struggle to attract a better caliber manager to Newcastle as we are now. So keeping pressure on him through the papers to spend the money is just good sense.

If he does leave it'll cost Ashley a lot more money than a summer transfer window, that's for sure.
Eh? This bloke relegated you lot!!!

He can't keep making this "threat" and not doing anything or it will go on forever

Mind you Ashley will just say he'd had 18 pints and shit in the fire of the meeting room and they weren't real promises

It's calibre mate.

He can't keep making this "threat" and not doing anything or it will go on forever

Mind you Ashley will just say he'd had 18 pints and shit in the fire of the meeting room and they weren't real promises
ohh fat mike such a crass bon vivant
someone mentioned they are linked with javier manquillo

Well, it's a binary state though, isn't it? Once he follows through on the threat, that's the ballgame. So Benitez can keep Ashley and his lackeys on their toes and if it gets to the tipping point and there's been insufficient support in the transfer market Benitez can, at that point, leave.

The problem is that, as you say, Ashley is not a reliable man.

Of course if Benitez gets the money, fails to use it wisely and we're in real danger Ashley can in all good conscience tell him to fuck off when he comes back in the January window for more money.

Remember that Matt Ritchie thread how everybody's saying the deluded mags think they're actually gonna sign Ritchie, people saying he was too good for Newcastle etc. ? Once he signed he was just a Bournemouth reject, must be crap if lowly Bournemouth didn't want him.

Edit. Here it is. https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/matt-ritchie.1245021/

In the interests of fairness I went to that thread to see what had been posted and, as you say, there are various opinions of the player over 17 pages.

There are also a number of Newcastle posters, none of whom appear to give any opinion of the player, @mag in peace doesn't even bother to mention him ...
... just another Mag bleat about the Sunderland board :rolleyes:

It's a very easy game to sit back and wait until something is a certainty before having the courage to pass an opinion, bit cowardly though.

I can't see one worthwhile opinion of Ritchie, from a Newcastle supporter, on the entire thread.

Mags usually defend their presence, on here, by claiming they give a different perspective ........ that thread doesn't do much to support that argument.

Eh? This bloke relegated you lot!!!
context
ˈkɒntɛkst/
noun
noun: context; plural noun: contexts
  1. the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood.
    "the proposals need to be considered in the context of new European directives"
    synonyms: circumstances, conditions, surroundings, factors, state of affairs; More

Calibre. Even though your posts are mostly longwinded drivel, they're usually correctly written.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back