Benitez confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, but, I was getting at the fact he still has the same players as McClaren to pick from.
It's great from a relegation rivals perspective but I don't like the look of Newcastle's defence as they should have strengthened in january there, it was plain to see.

If his previous management record is anything to go by is that Newcastle United will be relegated by the time he leaves.
Since leaving Valencia in 2004, he has managed Liverpool, Inter Milan, Chelsea, Napoli and Real Madrid.
He left each club lower in the league than when he arrived with the exception of Chelsea who were 3rd when he arrived and 3rd when he left. A similar record at the mags will guarantee relegation.
I wonder which side to the contract insisted on the opt out if they are relegated and how that plays out in the changing room.

dont get me wrong, Rafa could save the club short term. But you don't want him lasting long enough to waste hundreds of millions of pounds, look at the mess Liverpool were in when he left and they are still recovering from his tenure, Pearson would have been a good choice.
I honestly didn't care who came in as long as they could keep us up.I still think we've left it too late, I hope I'm wrong

i hope it proves a sh it appointment but at the moment i see it as a good appointment for them and anyone who thinks otherwise is plain daft. Call him whatever you want, a charlatan a gonk or whatever he will sort that sh it out without question and it will give them an even better chance of staying up. It's a gamechanger this and it just means we must win our games, cannot rely on them losing theirs.

What about the stuff he won inbetween at Valencia...Liverpool (maybe inter Milan can't remember) and took Napoli to champions league ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back