Ben White

He's not a slave marra, It's up to him if he wants to play for England or not :lol: He might have been over the moon to get picked and played in the pre-tournament, however things have changed in his life for what ever reason..
You said he was being honest. You haven't answered that? I said it was his choice, you don't seem to have noticed that either.

Says everything about Southgate as a manager. Instead of deflecting questions related to White he throws him under the bus instead. What if White just prefers to spend his free time with his partner and kids? Everyone has their reasons for wanting or not wanting to do things and who are we to judge how he wants to live his life.
What happened?

Let’s face it, if a Sunderland player said I’m prioritising my club, they pay my wages and I hope to prolong my career by getting more recuperation time the vast majority of us would be delighted.

Was he being honest after his debut for England, when he said it was what he had dreamed about, Playing for England. Also said it was great to get into the pre-tournament squad never mind the tournament squad. Was that being honest.

Seems to me he has other issues and he's covering it up, or he's become the spoiled brat who has chucked his rattle as he's not playing.

Its his choice however, so I haven't got a problem with him not playing, but being honest and sticking to his principles are not part of it.
The problem is probably homesickness. All very well going away for a couple of days for a club match, but the six weeks or so a major tournament demands is a different matter. The length of cricket tours was almost certainly a factor on the problems faced by players like Marcus Trescothick.

Not sure if this is just click bait, or really what happened and just REALLY boring as fcuk…

raises an interesting point this.

If I were to tell my manager I wasn't interested in my job, I would be hammered for it In review and development and more than likely put on the HR blacklist, regardless of how well I performed. ''not a team player, lacking motivation, negative'' would all get bandied around.

But in football it appears its acceptable to make millions of pounds a year, and not really care.

If I were to tell my manager I wasn't interested in my job, I would be hammered for it In review and development and more than likely put on the HR blacklist, regardless of how well I performed. ''not a team player, lacking motivation, negative'' would all get bandied around.

But in football it appears its acceptable to make millions of pounds a year, and not really care.
What difference does it make if he doesn’t care if he’s still really good and isn’t moping about the place bringing others down?

well i dont know ask my boss. I know for a fact HR would have an issue with it. I think its called quiet quitting these days
Surely quiet quitting is doing the absolute bare minimum. White certainly isn’t doing that, he’s just not taking on an extra job for a different organisation.

Surely quiet quitting is doing the absolute bare minimum. White certainly isn’t doing that, he’s just not taking on an extra job for a different organisation.
fair take on it. sadly quiet quitting was actually defined as working your hours, outputting what's expected and hitting targets. Staying late, doing extra and doing it for free are seen as the norms now.

Except at no point has White said he's not interested in his job. He has said he doesn't like watching football. As an Arsenal supporter I have no problem with the lad. He's a gifted player who barely misses a game. He's played through many an injury for us and doesn't get rested like some others. I can't fault his commitment to 'his job'. And if there was a problem with him Arteta would have got shot long ago.

Except at no point has White said he's not interested in his job. He has said he doesn't like watching football. As an Arsenal supporter I have no problem with the lad. He's a gifted player who barely misses a game. He's played through many an injury for us and doesn't get rested like some others. I can't fault his commitment to 'his job'. And if there was a problem with him Arteta would have got shot long ago.
I think some people are just making their own things up about White because his life doesn't completely revolve around football.

Almost like they're two very different worlds.

Last edited:
I have no issue with White not watching football outside of playing, why on earth would it bother me.

However, I do judge people for turning down the call to represent their nation. I think it's disappointing that he's done that

If I was asked a question and I didn't know the answer but Kyle Walker did I would also leave the country in embarrassment so I don't blame Benjamin for doing the same

I was just going off the article where it quotes:

'When he asked White the same question about Arsenal, it is claimed that the defender said he didn't know the answer. From there, Holland is said to have responded that was 'because White was not sufficiently interested in football'.

Personally i couldnt give a toss. Him turning England down is a different thing all together and in my eyes he shouldn't get another chance to play for England
I think some people are just making their own things up about White because his life doesn't completely revolve around football.

Almost like they're two very different worlds.
again, just going off the article. could all well be bollocks.

They are different, however in my eyes the comparison is valid.

My company for example hangs you out to dry career wise if you don't bleed company logo colours

Last edited:

Back