Ben White

I can sort of understand it with snooker, the amount of practice you have to put in and it’s a monotonous lonely game

Yeah but you must have had to play it for fun when you’re younger to get to be that good.

You get good at numbers because it is good for a career. Which 10 year old thinks I don’t like football but I’m going to practice because it’s a good career.
But a kick about at the park is different to having a strict diet, training regularly and having the paparazzi watch your every move. More so nowadays with social media, they can't put a toe out of place. Not saying it's a bad lifestyle by any stretch of the imagination compared to your average folks daily routine but you can see why occasionally out of thousands of professionals that one does not like the set up.

Fair play to him I say. You get players having mystery injuries just to shirk international duty when chasing domestic titles. At least he's honest that he doesn't want to be part of international football under this set up.
Spot on , whats the point he could have a blinder of 2 games but then will still be dropped when others are back as Southgate doesn't pick his team on form players.

Last edited:
Maybe he has one of those partners who just freaks out about him being away from home for a while, threatens to leave him, go out partying if he is not home etc...
If that's the case, the answer is surely getting rid of the partner, not throwing away his England career.

It really is bizarre and obviously more to it.

Yep, 4 or 5 weeks away from home....small chance you will get a game, isn't for everyone.
Some lads love the camaraderie and play for that initially. Others just like the game and happen to be good enough to play professionally.
I love footie, would love to have been good enough to play professionally but I also reckon I might have struggled with living in team mates pockets a lot of the time especially if there were some arseholes in the squad and football has more than its fair share of absolute arseholes.

Looks like the lad is getting stick for being honest..
Says everything about Southgate as a manager. Instead of deflecting questions related to White he throws him under the bus instead. What if White just prefers to spend his free time with his partner and kids? Everyone has their reasons for wanting or not wanting to do things and who are we to judge how he wants to live his life.

Says everything about Southgate as a manager. Instead of deflecting questions related to White he throws him under the bus instead. What if White just prefers to spend his free time with his partner and kids? Everyone has their reasons for wanting or not wanting to do things and who are we to judge how he wants to live his life.

This.

For all anyone on the outside knows, he may have decided to prolong his club career by taking the available rests when international breaks occur.

He’s been outstanding for Arsenal this season, and it’s them that pay him a fortune.

Looks like the lad is getting stick for being honest..
Was he being honest after his debut for England, when he said it was what he had dreamed about, Playing for England. Also said it was great to get into the pre-tournament squad never mind the tournament squad. Was that being honest.

Seems to me he has other issues and he's covering it up, or he's become the spoiled brat who has chucked his rattle as he's not playing.

Its his choice however, so I haven't got a problem with him not playing, but being honest and sticking to his principles are not part of it.

Was he being honest after his debut for England, when he said it was what he had dreamed about, Playing for England. Also said it was great to get into the pre-tournament squad never mind the tournament squad. Was that being honest.

Seems to me he has other issues and he's covering it up, or he's become the spoiled brat who has chucked his rattle as he's not playing.

Its his choice however, so I haven't got a problem with him not playing, but being honest and sticking to his principles are not part of it.
He's not a slave marra, It's up to him if he wants to play for England or not :lol: He might have been over the moon to get picked and played in the pre-tournament, however things have changed in his life for what ever reason..

Back