Ben Stokes

Couldn’t get my head round people saying leave him out

People just playing fantasy cricket looking at just averages on a piece of paper

Look at Brook, everyone saying he’s much better than stokes etc, he struggled.

Not his best innings today but nobody else was gonna stick around and do it, that’s the point

Couldn’t get my head round people saying leave him out

People just playing fantasy cricket looking at just averages on a piece of paper

Look at Brook, everyone saying he’s much better than stokes etc, he struggled.

Not his best innings today but nobody else was gonna stick around and do it, that’s the point

It proves once again that although stats are a guide there not everything especially in this format.

Brook is and will be a good player but think the occasion got to him a little bit where Stokes calm as owt.

Brook will come good like

Last edited:
It proves once again that although stats are a guide there not everything especially in this format.

Brook is and will be a good player but think the occasion got to him a little bit where Stokes calm as owt.

Brook will come good like

Yeah wasn’t picking on Brook mate I really rate him and would have picked him, just an example

I hear a lot of “Joe bloggs” HAS to play etc. it’s not that simple

Yeah wasn’t picking on Brook mate I really rate him and would have picked him, just an example

Personally I think over the summer when our white ball team dropped below their usual standards they was too much over the top criticism.

The talent is there and we a very very good white ball team

Pleased for the lad. Many wrote him off after Bristol. He deserves every bit of succes
Nobody wrote him off as a cricketer of outstanding ability. Many felt he was incredibly fortunate to avoid more serious consequences. That is quite different. When he retires he will go down as one of the greatest sportsmen we have had.

Last edited:
Personally I think over the summer when our white ball team dropped below their usual standards they was too much over the top criticism.

The talent is there and we a very very good white ball team

Agreed

Those players deserved more faith, lots a few meaningless series and everyone straight on their back

Wasn’t any need for it.
Nobody wrote him off as a cricketer of outstanding ability. Many felt he was incredibly fortunate to avoid more serious consequences. That is quite different.

He wasn’t though. It went to court and he was cleared

He’s had a terrible tournament, looked like a fish out of water at times with the bat, his fielding was nowt flash either.

Agreed

Those players deserved more faith, lots a few meaningless series and everyone straight on their back

Wasn’t any need for it.

He wasn’t though. It went to court and he was cleared
Fair enough - i'm not going to get into a wider argument about that - we can certainly all agree he is a truly fantastic sportsman - will go down as one of the best England sportsmen of all time.

Nobody wrote him off as a cricketer of outstanding ability. Many felt he was incredibly fortunate to avoid more serious consequences. That is quite different. When he retires he will go down as one of the greatest sportsmen we have had.
I hope so. I still don't think the powers to be appreciate him. They hung him out to dry and was ultimately not guilty, though watching his documentary it's clear he hasn't forgotten and rightly so. His recovery has been astounding. One of the best on and off the field. Always delivers when called upon. Double world champion now.

He’s had a terrible tournament, looked like a fish out of water at times with the bat, his fielding was nowt flash either.

Yeah he struggled in the big bash too, looks more suited to the slower, lower wickets in Pakistan
Fair enough - i'm not going to get into a wider argument about that - we can certainly all agree he is a truly fantastic sportsman - will go down as one of the best England sportsmen of all time.

Yeah for sure, I was just making the point that for whatever people think he did or didn’t do right on the night, he didn’t get away with it

He was punished publicly and legally

He’s a top bloke as well as a sportsman in my opinion

Albeit I was losing faith with about 5 overs today I must admit!

Last edited:
I think possibly the tournament come a little early for him.

But he is a big talent who will be in and around the side for years to come

The make up of the 50 over side next year will be interesting

I get why stokes retired, but they just need to say play in the World Cup for us, the bilateral series in between are just irrelevant

Back