Ben Stokes at the Professional Cricketers Association Awards

Don’t you post links to Guido to back up or make points on the politics forum?
Of course I do. On this occasion I believe what his wife has said and given the relentless media campaign (even on here as well) against Ben Stokes, I'll back the lad 100%. Plenty media outlets I read I don't always agree with.

What a load of shite man, the vast majority of 'press' in this country are absolute tits. Shit stirring at its finest.

It’s hardly press. It’s a right wing blog
It might be online but it's journalism. It is limited in style and depth but the people there are journalists, ones who have left have gone on to other newspapers, and it breaks stories that get picked up by other outlets.

But it's all about opinions. I know some people on here rate highly other media which I think are nasty, crazy, often juvenile, partizan and simply wrong-headed.

Also don't diss blogs because they're blogs. I know some are nowt but some fat lad drinking a beer, drinking crisps and ranting rubbish but there are some that are really worth reading, written by people who know the subject and work to produce quality. I good blog addresses a subject in more depth and with more knowledge (often) than any journalist can manage.

Here's an example of what I mean (and not a political or sports site) www.thinkdefence.co.uk

It might be online but it's journalism. It is limited in style and depth but the people there are journalists, ones who have left have gone on to other newspapers, and it breaks stories that get picked up by other outlets.

But it's all about opinions. I know some people on here rate highly other media which I think are nasty, crazy, often juvenile, partizan and simply wrong-headed.

Also don't diss blogs because they're blogs. I know some are nowt but some fat lad drinking a beer, drinking crisps and ranting rubbish but there are some that are really worth reading, written by people who know the subject and work to produce quality. I good blog addresses a subject in more depth and with more knowledge (often) than any journalist can manage.

Here's an example of what I mean (and not a political or sports site) www.thinkdefence.co.uk
You’re trying too hard to justify read the tripe

You’re trying too hard to justify read the tripe
You mean this particular article?

I read and make my own mind up. In this case I don't think the evidence is there to justify the story but I am also sceptical about the explanation that it was 'love play', it looked like a spat.

At other times the stories on there are on the money.

I make my own mind up based on what I read. It's a news site.

Back