Ben Raine

Ha. Those were the rumours doing the rounds last week at the ground. I hope the lad doesnt leave but whist Lewis remains, Pringle has no future with Durham

Heard the same old stories about him, sounds like he'll never change
There may well be an issue between Pringle and Lewis but fact is Pringle has had umpteen chances over the last 3 years and hasn't established himself.
Burnham's batting form for HL this season has been abysmal suggesting he's not fully focused. What a waste.

Absolutely a brilliant signing for Durham. He's currently at the top of his game and will contribute in all 3 formats.
Bancroft, Lees and Ben should help us kick on next season. I understand there maybe a couple more players coming in.

I think Colly is about to hang up his boots. He has been a tremendous servant but all good things do come to an end. If England don't come calling he will surely become Head Coach at DCCC. To be fair he has made sure no one else has stuck around to challenge him for the Head Coach role.

There may well be an issue between Pringle and Lewis but fact is Pringle has had umpteen chances over the last 3 years and hasn't established himself.
Burnham's batting form for HL this season has been abysmal suggesting he's not fully focused. What a waste.

& when he tried to establish himself over the winter, Lewis stopped him, then didn't pick him at the start of the season because he needed to establish himself............. couldn't make it up.

Shame about Burnham.

Pringle has been doing well recently in the 2nd XI.

89 vs essex off 51 balls in a t20
46 vs essex off 23 balls in a t20
17 vs essex off 12 balls in a 3 dayer (did not bat 2nd innings)
58 off 73 vs leicester in a 3 dayer (did not bat 2nd innings as Greenwell hit 98 and Jones 117)

Lewis said on Thursday "nobody in the 2nd XI is scoring runs"........

We will need more than Ben raine to make much difference at Durham. The whole setup now looks like a bit of a disaster and it’s a far cry from just 3 or so years ago.

Lowest bowling points in the whole division? When was the last time that happened? Normally our bowling is the mainstay of the team. Dreadful at the minute.

Thank the lord for Glamorgan but even they may be ahead of us in the next year or two unless things change at Durham

We will need more than Ben raine to make much difference at Durham. The whole setup now looks like a bit of a disaster and it’s a far cry from just 3 or so years ago.

Lowest bowling points in the whole division? When was the last time that happened? Normally our bowling is the mainstay of the team. Dreadful at the minute.

Thank the lord for Glamorgan but even they may be ahead of us in the next year or two unless things change at Durham

Club slated players for leaving. People in this thread slated the players. Take a look at onions, leading wicket taker and instead we bring in another of Collys mates in rimmington! I would clean break with colly and Lewis! Club needs a totally new direction!

Club slated players for leaving. People in this thread slated the players. Take a look at onions, leading wicket taker and instead we bring in another of Collys mates in rimmington! I would clean break with colly and Lewis! Club needs a totally new direction!
This. Rimmington has been a poor signing but as you say it was a convenient signing and letting Onions leave has proven to be a very poor decision when the one you let go is leading wicket taker and the other is playing for the 2nd XI.... Club needs a fresh approach

I won’t be popular for saying this but I dread the day that collingwood came back. He seems to have taken over, he has had a massively negative influence at the club and we could have had say Benkenstein rather than Lewis who was ingrained into the Durham way. Since Geoff cooks role has diminished that has also seen us go backwards and now even the academy looks to be in trouble.

This is not the Durham I knew and loved.

I’d let collingwood go, get rid of Lewis, bring in Killeen as first team coach and get Geoff cook back in as a decision making part of the senior management team. I’d toy with the idea of getting in touch with Benkenstein asking what he is doing and if there is a role for him at the club.

We are going nowhere and our performances in the CC are rubbish. Third bottom in the second division. Awful. What the hell are we doing and where the hell are we going ?

I won’t be popular for saying this but I dread the day that collingwood came back. He seems to have taken over, he has had a massively negative influence at the club and we could have had say Benkenstein rather than Lewis who was ingrained into the Durham way. Since Geoff cooks role has diminished that has also seen us go backwards and now even the academy looks to be in trouble.

This is not the Durham I knew and loved.

I’d let collingwood go, get rid of Lewis, bring in Killeen as first team coach and get Geoff cook back in as a decision making part of the senior management team. I’d toy with the idea of getting in touch with Benkenstein asking what he is doing and if there is a role for him at the club.

We are going nowhere and our performances in the CC are rubbish. Third bottom in the second division. Awful. What the hell are we doing and where the hell are we going ?

Its almost as if being financially crippled and ECB cruelty have nothing to do with this not being 'the Durham you knew and loved'. Subsequent decisions including unpopular decisions to let players leave and recruit lesser players has inevitable been shaped by our finance and the ECB.

Don't forget who the real enemy is.

Last edited:
Its almost as if being financially crippled and ECB cruelty have nothing to do with this not being 'the Durham you knew and loved'. Subsequent decisions including unpopular decisions to let players leave and recruit lesser players has inevitable been shaped by our finance and the ERCB.

Don't forget who the real enemy is.
We had the choice of making some good decisions after this which is a acknowledged but we decided to make a lot of bad decisions that have crippled us even more. Lewis d is a terrible first team coach and with collingwood there they have a massively negative stranglehold on Durham.

We seem to have an enemy within as well as the ecb and it’s time for the club to engage in a brand new plan to get things moving.

At the minute we aren’t even treading water. Dreadful.

This. Rimmington has been a poor signing but as you say it was a convenient signing and letting Onions leave has proven to be a very poor decision when the one you let go is leading wicket taker and the other is playing for the 2nd XI.... Club needs a fresh approach
Rimmington was brought in primarily for the white ball stuff which Onions mainly would have been for the Champo and yes the club should have kept him.

But you can frame this decision as a lean towards T20 and away from the County game. (not my preference actually)

Back