Ben Foakes

nobody ever mentions Pope in these discussions. Not necessarily on here (somebody might have) but generally. It always seems to be a straight choice between Bairstow keeping wicket and replacing Crawley, which he doesn't want to do. Is it just the VC that gives Pope a free pass?

I'm just curious
No it’s averaging in the 40s since he moved up to the problem number 3 in the order. Doing so in a way that meets the ethos of the team.

Some comments aged badly here. Jonny is a good keeper but seems out of shape after his injury. Foakes has to play at Lord's and Jonny competes with Pope and Brook for a batting slot. Foakes also brings balance and an antidote to the crazy gang in the batting lineup.

Some comments aged badly here. Jonny is a good keeper but seems out of shape after his injury. Foakes has to play at Lord's and Jonny competes with Pope and Brook for a batting slot. Foakes also brings balance and an antidote to the crazy gang in the batting lineup.
Whatever happens Brook and Bairstow have to play, we should imo not even consider not playing them.

I agree with you about Foakes, people tend to forget as well as been best wicketkeeper in the world he is very good bat.

But if he does come back it should be at the expense of an opener or possibly Pope.

But not Bairstow or Brook

Last edited:
Whatever happens Brook and Bairstow have to play, we should imo not even consider not playing them.

I agree with you about Foakes, people tend to forget as well as been best wicketkeeper in the world he is very good bat.

But if he does come back it should be at the expense of an opener or possibly Pope.

But not Bairstow or Brook
Pointless mentioning pope he's vice captain

Back