Ben Foakes

Bairstow hasnt kept wicket for a few years now iirc.

Why are people clamouring for Foakes to be dropped.

Get in the f***ing bin.

Doubt Bairstow will even be fit enough.
Didn't say that but he's going to come back into the team and he's playing again soon so will be fit for the ashes who opens if it's Crawley he replaces

Didn't say that but he's going to come back into the team and he's playing again soon so will be fit for the ashes who opens if it's Crawley he replaces
No way Foakes gets dropped imo.

Best keeper in England imo.
True but him batting at 7 is a waste also.

I'd not like to be Ben and Brendon in deciding what to do.

Pope will be pretty much opening if they play Crawley so opening him isn't gonna change much.
Was thinking the same.

Root could do it as well. Sure he opened early on in his England career.

Last edited:
76 and 103* to set up a shot at victory for Surrey.

But aye, let's drop him for the summer eh lads?

(Doesn't apply to everyone on here. Some have brains)
I’ve not seen anyone on here suggest he should be dropped mind.

I have however seen a lot on twitter suggesting so
Bairstow should open, given Crawleys record there’s nowt to lose in having him open.

I’d go with this. It’s also aggressive AF and really makes a statement

The justification for having Crawley in the team is that he might go big. If that's really the case then Bairstow is an automatic pick ahead of him, he's 10 times the player Crawley is.

I would be reticent to put Bairstow behind the stumps anyway after such a serious leg injury.

The justification for having Crawley in the team is that he might go big. If that's really the case then Bairstow is an automatic pick ahead of him, he's 10 times the player Crawley is.

I would be reticent to put Bairstow behind the stumps anyway after such a serious leg injury.

Couldn’t agree more, but opening? Not saying I know the answer mind!!

Couldn’t agree more, but opening? Not saying I know the answer mind!!

An imperfect solution. Wouldn't have him anywhere near the top 4 in the past few years, and have been very critical of his treatment and being moved around for lesser players. But under the new regime he has exactly the game they say they want, and Foakes deserves to keep the gloves.

Back