Belmont viaduct area

Anyone know if this path open yet? Also, if you park at the car park just off 690, if you turn right at river, can you get across viaduct to do a loop into Dutham then back to 690 car park? Cheers
If it's what you think quite a strong path right on the river eventually ends with fallen trees etc
I turned and picked a higher path up to take me to the viaduct ,it's a bit hairy in places in this weather . No loop unless perhaps you travel up to the footbridge mentioned earlier

Been exploring bits of the line and around it with the kids lately as they live in West Rainton

Yesterday we walked to Belmont. Picked up paths along the way but it's a twat walking on the ballast for stretches.

Must google some walking loops

Used to walk across it all the time as a lad. Lived In Carrville and went over to Newton Hall on a weekend for the heavy metal nights on a Saturday. Then about 11pm would walk back over it on the way home. Straight past Frankland Prison. Hard as nails me like.

Used to walk across it all the time as a lad. Lived In Carrville and went over to Newton Hall on a weekend for the heavy metal nights on a Saturday. Then about 11pm would walk back over it on the way home. Straight past Frankland Prison. Hard as nails me like.
Heavy metal nights at Newton Hall? Must have been before my time

Back