Bellingham

He’s 18. He’s the last of our worries.
What’s his age got to do with it? It’s a fact that his overall form and contribution does not warrant him being a regular in the first choice eleven.

It’s scandalous that his relationship with Speakman and Dodds, who are close to his parents, sees him chosen every week without fail. His form of late, and for some time, has been very poor. It’s that simple.

Back around Xmas I recommended giving him Xmas off in Madrid. If KS/KLD/SAFC aren’t careful they could wreck his career by over playing him. We’ve all seen it happen before.

Back around Xmas I recommended giving him Xmas off in Madrid. If KS/KLD/SAFC aren’t careful they could wreck his career by over playing him. We’ve all seen it happen before.

It’s his dad driving it, allegedly. Following formula that worked for his brother.

It’s madness that people can’t see he needs a rest. Mentally, rather than physically. He even showed it himself by playing vastly better as a substitute.

This is the biggest issue but he's got that issue when he's playing a position that needs someone sharp and quick witted, absolutely ruins our attacks by slowing the play down. Always wants to either back into his man or pass the ball backwards.
That's why he's a 9 or nothing for me.
The way he backs in lends itself well to a good hold up player & he's shown with his goals he knows where the net is. I've seen some promise when he's played cf & occupied the cb's but I've not seen him do a single thing all season to suggest he's a midfielder. As you say he's not sharp enough to be a 10, doesn't work hard enough to be an 8 & doesn't have the intelligence to be a 6.
Even if we was willing to play 9 I'd still keep him out for a spell, Ideally until the end of the season.

Back