Being on Hold to a Call Centre

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Lexingtongue, Aug 6, 2018.

1. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

Just do it online.

2. Alan BStard

Alan BStard Striker

And, I suspect, earns them a small fortune to by having folks hanging on for ages.

3. Lexingtongue

Lexingtongue Striker

Stopping the auto-renew of my car insurance isn't possible online.

4. sadsack01

sadsack01 Midfield

Depends on the type of call centre. If it's an outsource call centre, they normally don't charge back call costs to their clients, so it doesn't benefit them to have people on hold or, in fact, on the line too long.
    Loads of different types of contracts in outsourcing though, so different things benefit different accounts.

Alan BStard likes this.
  5. Bishop Boy

Bishop Boy Winger

That does my nut in, being told repeatedly by the automated fuckwit that you can do this easily online, when the reason you are calling is that the website said to call them.

Piss boiled dry.

HarryChest and Space Hopper like this.
  6. The King of Um

The King of Um Midfield

Of course it's not. They want to make it as difficult as possible so more of their customers acquiesce to 10%+ increases in premium for no fucking reason other than in a lot of cases they can get away with it.

Bishop Boy likes this.
  7. xmfd

xmfd Winger

On hold to one now, every 20-30 seconds, "we apologise for the delay, our representative will be with you as soon as possible".
    wait about 10 minutes and then it just hangs up... what the fuck man :evil:

8. nyron4england

nyron4england Winger

does anyone enjoy putting people on hold and seeing how long they can last before they hang up?

9. andy

andy Winger

Jet2 is the worst to be on hold for with that bastard song they play all the time.

Do it when you first take it out. Then you don't have to try and stop it.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  10. jacko100

jacko100 Winger

I've found with most of these places its easier to contact them by twitter than deal with the bullshit on the phone, tweet them with the problem and they'll always reply to the tweet and DM you back so that the tweet doesnt stay publicly unanswered for too long

ouro likes this.
  11. Aituk7

Aituk7 Winger

Not to forget they are all on upwelling targets. You call in to change your home address and it's secretly their job to get you to take out a credit card

12. mux

mux Striker Contributor

@Ceverton has some canny stories about a certain call centre in Sunderland iirc

Ceverton likes this.
  13. thamesvalleyman

thamesvalleyman Central Defender

Hate the voice automated ones, especially the ones that say "tell us why you're calling", can never seem to get the right department first time.

Bishop Boy likes this.
  14. xmfd

xmfd Winger

thamesvalleyman likes this.
  15. I put people on hold, so I could nip to the loo or to go to the cafe for something to eat.

Also while I was reading the paper and picking horses.

It's great

Ceverton and thamesvalleyman like this.
  16. is that the number of times you make someone cry? #justwondering.

Oh, and as for your assertion that all call-centres are there to sell you credit cards? That's just silly.

I've run Northumbrian Water on a number of occasions, and they've NEVER been mentioned.

17. Wilfy

Wilfy Striker

Out of town?

18. haha, good spot. Is it allowed protocol to say, "my bad"?

Wilfy likes this.
  19. Aituk7

Aituk7 Winger

Sorry did I offend you at some point?
    Glad to know you're out jogging though mate.

20. God, you're easily upset. It's Friday, where's your sense of humour lad?!?