Beat Surrender & Stereo Underground - BBC Radio

MaryAnn in general has me reaching for Spotify. And Nemone and Jamz!
I know he’s not loved on here, but Lamacq is going to one day a week or something. Gutted. At least me & him have similar tastes. The ones you mentioned seem to intent on shoving random stuff down your throat. There’s alternative then there’s pushing it too far.

So Nick Roberts must have been paid off from RN, his local BBC introducing show now hosted by Shaq ffs. Beat Surrender now replaced with the irritating Emma. The only RN prog I listened to on Sounds. Stereo Underground isn’t as good music wise for me.

6music has gone to crap now. It's as if they've consciously moved away from their core audience of people liking alternative guitar music to trying to force stuff like Ezra collective, Sampha and loads of jazz and hip hop noodling. A perfect example is Marc Riley losing his evening slot to be replaced by John Peels son and some Irish lass. It's as if the station is now ran by vegan lesbians, which probably runs right through the BBC.

6music has gone to crap now. It's as if they've consciously moved away from their core audience of people liking alternative guitar music to trying to force stuff like Ezra collective, Sampha and loads of jazz and hip hop noodling. A perfect example is Marc Riley losing his evening slot to be replaced by John Peels son and some Irish lass. It's as if the station is now ran by vegan lesbians, which probably runs right through the BBC.
Didn’t realise Tom Ravenscroft was Peel’s son like.

Bit gutted Lamacq is done. A few on here didn’t like him but he’s as close to my musical tastes the 6music djs get.

I was late discovering 6, but rarely bother now, for the reasons you mention. I'd rather watch Mrs browns boys than listen to Mary Anne Hobbs

It’s like they’re consciously trying to move away from what they see as the ‘6 music dad’ stigma. Yet that type of demographic probably accounts for a fairly large proportion of their listeners.

It’ll be interesting to see how it fares over the next year or so, as the people they’re replacing the likes of Lamacq, Riley with are all a bit meh. I really can’t see them having the same pull, although maybe that’s all part of a BBC plan to try and cull the station again.

It’s like they’re consciously trying to move away from what they see as the ‘6 music dad’ stigma. Yet that type of demographic probably accounts for a fairly large proportion of their listeners.

It’ll be interesting to see how it fares over the next year or so, as the people they’re replacing the likes of Lamacq, Riley with are all a bit meh. I really can’t see them having the same pull, although maybe that’s all part of a BBC plan to try and cull the station again.
Yeah there wouldn't be a big groundswell of people wanting to save it again.

So Nick Roberts must have been paid off from RN, his local BBC introducing show now hosted by Shaq ffs. Beat Surrender now replaced with the irritating Emma. The only RN prog I listened to on Sounds. Stereo Underground isn’t as good music wise for me.
dear lord

Stereo Underground, last programme 31st January. Wankers.

It’s still gonna be going but will be broadcast on something called Mixcloud but it was an absolute disgrace moving it from Saturdays and an even bigger disgrace that it’s going altogether now.
What are they replacing these programs with. They now underfunding local radio, kernts.

Utter shite is what they are replacing them with.

Radio Newcastle are arseholes. They moved the guess the year thing from 12 to 1 so you can’t listen to it during bait time at work and have to put up with stories about colostomy bags instead. Why get rid of BS? It’s ideal for that time slot on a sat.
BS ? Not as irritable bowels ?

It’s still gonna be going but will be broadcast on something called Mixcloud but it was an absolute disgrace moving it from Saturdays and an even bigger disgrace that it’s going altogether now.

Utter shite is what they are replacing them with.
Part of the reason I listen is it’s on my BBC Sounds app every week. Usually put it on on a weekend. I’ve followed the Facebook group but chances are ill end up forgetting about it.

Typical BBC. Their mantra seems to be 'Sod those who actually like things the way they are, we must get more 18-25 listeners'.

Part of the reason I listen is it’s on my BBC Sounds app every week. Usually put it on on a weekend. I’ve followed the Facebook group but chances are ill end up forgetting about it.

I discovered it in lockdown on Sounds. I used to love listening live having a couple of drinks and joining in on Twitter etc.

I have had a gig story read out and got a couple of requests played but he has still never played Fisticuffs in Frederick Street and I must have asked about 8 times.

I asked for it in Beat Surrender too and they never played it, I swear the BBC have banned it. :lol:

I will try and listen on the new platform but when I searched for it on there I couldn’t find the right programme match. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Back